CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

whats in your garage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats in your garage?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

I have some Web Cam 109s cams that are collecting dust as of this week.....</end quote></div>

They have found a new home....

Old 10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

I've decided to build this winter, I am currently looking for a stock, or aftermarket (ported, stiff springs, cams, valves) head, and maybe some HPR3 or 4's (is HPR still having problems?) - If anyone has any suggestions on were I can get a good price on a stock bore hi-comp piston, let me know. Right now I'm leaning towards The Bom.

Thanks
Seth

Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: H0nDo

I've decided to build this winter, I am currently looking for a stock, or aftermarket (ported, stiff springs, cams, valves) head, and maybe some HPR3 or 4's (is HPR still having problems?) - If anyone has any suggestions on were I can get a good price on a stock bore hi-comp piston, let me know. Right now I'm leaning towards The Bom.

Thanks

Seth</end quote></div>

I got a JE 11.5:1 piston on Ebay and it runs awesome. I got it for $150.

Also, does anyone know if you can use 03' and newer a-arms on the older DS's? If so does anybody have a set for cheap?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I found a +4 ODP swing arm that needs a good home. Its set up for the early DS (mine is a 2000) and has the bushings, Cascade chain guide, and stock guide up at the pivot. Pics in my gallery.

Its the light chromoly version without skid plate mounts. I need one with skid mounts so it has to go...

Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set of lazer cut 8" aluminum rims Yamaha pattern. I may possible have some 22x11x8 Rippers with 8 paddles with them but probably seperate

Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

anyone interested in trading me a tm45 for my kms fuel injection setup? i am pretty much done with the sport quad thing. need to get into a 4wd quad. ive been trying to sell the ds for a year now and no takers. dealer said he would take it on trade but not with the f.i. so i am just loking for a even trade unless some wants the hole bike for cheap. i am going to take a bath at the dealer.
2001 DS
kms efi
12.5:1 superlight piston
VORTEX CDI
K+N FILTER
hmf exhaust
horsepower research cams hp3
shim under bucket springs
ported intake
MAXIS RAZOR TIRES
asr upper a arms
ac propeg nerfs with heel guards
15-40 GEARING
carbon fiber dash
tach
aluminm air box with twin filers

Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks

Seth</end quote></div>

Randal is still down and out as far as I know, but Eric has his own thing up and running.... I just got some brand spanking new HR4s in the mail today from him.... I will PM you his number

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilverBomb

Thanks

Seth</end quote></div>

I got a JE 11.5:1 piston on Ebay and it runs awesome. I got it for $150.

Also, does anyone know if you can use 03' and newer a-arms on the older DS's? If so does anybody have a set for cheap?</end quote></div>

Careful with that piston. Another person got one (can't remember who) and they were having predetonation problems. Come to find out, that piston was really like a 13 or 14-1. Best be running straight 110.... Just my .02

Old 10-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

i ran the 11.5:1 JE piston and was told i could run it on pump premium and ended up blowing that piston to pieces, and ruining pretty much my whole top end. so if you do use it, run race gas

Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
Careful with that piston. Another person got one (can't remember who) and they were having predetonation problems. Come to find out, that piston was really like a 13 or 14-1. Best be running straight 110.... Just my .02</end quote></div>

That would be me. After I did my mild build this summer and started tuning I found I was having an issue with pinging. After asking around Mr. HP let me know he has tested the newer 11.5:1 JEs and found them to be around 13:1 with the stock gaskets. So, instead of pump gas, I get to run race gas. At least until I decide what to do about it.

Quick Reply: whats in your garage?