CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

whats in your garage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats in your garage?

I'm running 100 octane gas on my DS with the JE and it seems to be working sweet. It runs really well.....so far anyway.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilverBomb

I'm running 100 octane gas on my DS with the JE and it seems to be working sweet. It runs really well.....so far anyway.</end quote></div>

I started out at pump premium. I did not have any pinging when I first started tuning on pump gas because I was in the 10 - 10.5:1 air/fuel range. Once I got into the 12.5:1 air/fuel range is where it started pinging, mixed pump and race gas to get 100 octane, still had pinging but less, mixed to get to 105 all pinging gone but just off idle when trail riding or duning with the kids. Straight 110 no pinging. Should have listened to Dragon.

Every engine is a little different, I have a very quiet exhaust and can hear everything my engine does. Just be aware that you may not be able to run pump gas with the new JE 11:1.

THEBOMB uses CP pistons so if you get one from him H0nDo this will all be a moot point.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Skat trac (Mohawks front tires on stock faded gray rims) I think the rims size is 21x11x7
Stock handbar clamps with black plastic cover.
Stock foot pegs with out kick ups.
Stock heat shield for the baja stock pipe "NEW"
Stock heat shield (red)

All of this is just laying in the garage and I can't seem to find my way to the car.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TheStir

I'm running 100 octane gas on my DS with the JE and it seems to be working sweet. It runs really well.....so far anyway.</end quote></div>

I started out at pump premium. I did not have any pinging when I first started tuning on pump gas because I was in the 10 - 10.5:1 air/fuel range. Once I got into the 12.5:1 air/fuel range is where it started pinging, mixed pump and race gas to get 100 octane, still had pinging but less, mixed to get to 105 all pinging gone but just off idle when trail riding or duning with the kids. Straight 110 no pinging. Should have listened to Dragon.

Every engine is a little different, I have a very quiet exhaust and can hear everything my engine does. Just be aware that you may not be able to run pump gas with the new JE 11:1.

THEBOMB uses CP pistons so if you get one from him H0nDo this will all be a moot point.</end quote></div>

Eric sells thicker than stock head and base gaskets you could use to get down to a safe compression level for pump gas. I ran these for two years on pump gas with his 14:1 piston without any problems.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

What octane pump gas were you using?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!

Good ol' 91 octane California gas.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

I can get 100 octane at the pump at a station close by me. It's pretty convenient. Do you think 100 is enough to get me by.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
Eric sells thicker than stock head and base gaskets you could use to get down to a safe compression level for pump gas. I ran these for two years on pump gas with his 14:1 piston without any problems.</end quote></div>

I was thinking about that, just do not feel like pulling the head right now. How does this affect the cam timing since you are effectively shortening the timing chain?

Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I can get 100 octane at the pump at a station close by me. It's pretty convenient. Do you think 100 is enough to get me by.</end quote></div>

It was not enough for me. But like I said earlier every engine is a little different. I tuned my carb with a wide band O2 meter to around 12.5:1 air/fuel ratio. When I was fat on the jetting (10.5 range) I was not pinging even on 91, which is the best I can get around here at the pump.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

in my garage i have.......
stock front shocks...
stock cyl........
stock carb and thumb throttle and cable....
stock CDI.........
stock exhaust can.......
stock rims....
stock piston........
stock hand guards....
stock upper a-arms.....
all from a 06 DS 650X.............
MAKE ME AN OFFER........................

THIS STUFF HAS TO GO!!!!
could even make a good package deal......

Quick Reply: whats in your garage?