CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alky Setup for DS - suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alky Setup for DS - suggestions

boxman what type of tires you looking for ?? and do you still have the tm45

Old 02-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sandattic,

Yes alky does requier some maintinance. You have to keep it stored in a dry area(sealed tight), then run a top lube in the alky. Also after running alky if it is going to be a few days before riding agian, its good to "purge" the engine with gas. After you get used to this rutine you don't even thnk about it.

Is alky worth all of this trouble???? sometimes no, but sometimes YES!!!!!!!!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Bigger,
I was talking to someone this morning about the top lube....is that just an ounce or so of oil or other petro-based lube in 5 gallons of methanol? This makes sure that the rings and cylinder on the top end don't dry out too much from the plant-based fuel? I remember from FSWII that Charlie & BansheeChick's ride had a little bottle of gas that they hung off the handlebars....I assume that was for "purging the system" for storage, or overnight.

Thanks,
NeoSirfir

Old 02-04-2003, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes it doesn't take much. AZSAND has some good stuff that he uses(Icant remember what brand), but it takes a couple cap fulls to a tank.

The little bottle is a great idea, everybody that runs Alky should rig up such a thing, it just needs to hold enough fuel to fill the carb. once your motor starts picking up the gas you will notice alot a black smoke from being so rich.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

So what is a good starting point (jetting wise) for the 45 on alky with the mods listed in my signature.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

AZsand uses some stuff called Buenol. He seems to have no problems, but I've been told to stay away from it. I know he mixes it 20oz to 5 gal.

I would use the stuff from Redline, I forget what it's called, but you only mix it 1oz to 5gal.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why have they told you to stay away from it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I will tell you a simple test to do take buenol and most other mixes take equal amounts of alkahol and equal amounts of what ever lude you choose make a mixture of them blend them in a bowl and wait and see which seperates frist and then remeber which ever lube you choose will seperate the same way in your tank!!! no lube holes in piston [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

on another note alky dose not mix good with any thing (except salt and lime) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

this might be out there but you can buy a 55 gallon drum of methanol with the top lube and a scent added to it already, so that you dont have to worry about mixing anything

Old 02-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

akly dose not mix good so it would be hard picking that bugger up and shaking it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

When my wife and I are on alcohol we lube up with some KY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Alky Setup for DS - suggestions