CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

American Star A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Star A-arms

What if a dealer gets overstocked because he can't move the product due to the higher price. Can he then put a sale price on them to get them out the door? Or does he have to start making A-arm soup? I'd think that the mfgr. would rather have them marked down (no pun intended) than to get them shipped back to them.

SD

Old 03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

azsand, yes I did get them. They do make a difference compared to stock. I also have works shocks up front, and most are saying that the american stars hit and will dent your shocks- have not had this happen. I have also hit some pretty nasty witches eyes that have stopped the bike dead in its tracks, with no damage.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

I will clear this up. I called Mark to let him know the new Suggested retail price for our race a-arm was $749.00 Also we will have a sport a-arm for $619.00 and DS uppers for $319.00 I gave him the dealer pricing numbers and he didnt like it. The more you buy in a year the better price you get. There is no buy in to become a dealer. You just tell me what you think you can sell in a year and I take your word for it. I can not tell Mark what to sell our products for, that is price fixing. Mark never ordered anything for his website from TBR Products. How would he know anything about customer service from TBR Products I told Mark the price he had on his website was almost his dealer cost for the race a-arm. That the price he had on the website was for the sport a-arm and not the race arm.
Before I could even explain all this to Mark he was talking about Walmart and flipping out. All I was trying to do was work with him. Now all Mark can do is talk about TimmyBoy and his customer service. TBR Products has nothing to do with TimmyBoy. Mark never complained when TBR fullfilled a order that he made with TimmyBoy. TimmyBoy was paid for the order TBR Products was not!

Old 08-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hi guys... I also bought a set of those american star A-arms for my 2002 DS650 Baja. Installed them but I was wondering how any of you are getting the caster/camber adjusted accurately? I eye-balled the stock camber angle and adjusted the American star arms to about the same camber, but I'm concerned more with the caster adjustment. I added a little positive caster (front heim is adjusted out a little more than the rear heim joint) but I'm not sure how much I've added or if I need to add more positive caster. Can any of you sharp guys tell me what method you use to dial in the camber/caster?

Thanks,

Scott from Ogden,Utah