CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WTF?? my new ASR's are not going to work with TCS shocks!! does anyone here run the ASR's with aftermarket shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF?? my new ASR's are not going to work with TCS shocks!! does anyone here run the ASR's with aftermarket shocks?

i bolted up the new ASR uppers i got from ebay for $199 tonight,(they look very top notch for $199-- the arms themselves look twice as strong as stock, i dunno about the ball joints), took a bunch of measurements of angles etc, gave it a good amount of camber.. about 6 degrees and about 5-6 degrees of castor, as best i could get with my anglefinder, Anway now it drives real nice, it is alot of work to turn now, she likes to go straight.. i may back off on the castor a bit or im going to be sore after day of ridin, the real test was though i wanted to know if they would destroy the shocks like everyone else has been postin...... heres the deal, with the suspension at full droop the aarms come within 1mm of the shock body below the spring, i took it out back and air'd it out a couple times, never hit the shock..... but my new TCS are on order and on the TCS the spring itself continues all the way down to the mount, unlike the stockers... so i dont think its going to work......... does anyone have aftermarket shocks with the ASR uppers? do they hit...
im guessing ill have to do one of 3 things
1. grind the a-arms down quite a bit---- Ill only do this if its real close to fitting but just not quite.
2. Use limiting straps, like alot of off road buggie setups, as it is only at max droop that this is a factor but this in not my favorite option cause i will loose suspension travel(about 3/4")
3. Go with then new TBRs for $750 and sell the first bidder these brand new ASR's for like $150??? pm me with an offer..... they are brand new, i did not even scratch them and i just rode for like 3 minutes... So it will be another two weeks till i get the shocks so who knowsss.. what a pain in the A$$.... i guess you get what you pay for @ $199.

any advice??
Jetjock16

Old 03-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?? my new ASR's are not going to work with TCS shocks!! does anyone here run the ASR's with aftermarket shocks?

i hate when things work that way, i'll be all excited only to come to that y in the road and have to decide which is best. dsride had or has some tbr a-arms in the garage thread. i think he told me 350. they may be gone. well good luck on the a-arms

Old 03-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately makes you wonder if ASR knew there was gonna be a problem and decided to unload on unsuspecting buyers! I have a set at home I haven't had the chance to install yet...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]