CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MBRP pipe question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP pipe question.

I want to know from people that have them if this pipe has a hard hitting mid-range and pull hard on top? I am wondering because I want to get one and want it be like this. Any help appreciated. Oh yeah, I have my options down to the white bros. e-series and the MBRP. I would like any opinions about these two, even compare them if you know about both. Thanx!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'll give ya guys a run down! I'm running 13 to 1 102mm piston race head 45mm carb. two weekends ago I got mbrp to send me the full set up next day air. I know for a fact it was the second one in the usa! The fit was alittle off and the welds weren't as good as I would have liked but the head pipes were huge!!! The collecter inside needs to be cleaned up with a dremel tool later down the road. The slip on was a raceing one with spark arrester. the clamp for the slipon wasn't as nice either. All these problem I think were because of the rush I need it for testing before I go racing! and the fact it was the second one out there. The first one was at the dealer fair! Ok the good things about this pipe were oooo my god shiney you mit blind your competors.. The sound is mellow with a growl its much quieter than my other prociruct. I did have rwr cdi yet so on the top end I'd just would hit the rev limiter. I had to go with 152.5 jet and 4th clip on the needle on the 45mm because it ran way lean the first day. I'm also running the pump! On the first day (when I was lean) I raced two sparks craptors with paddles I didn't have paddles on wet sand. THEY never bet me more than one quad length!!!! The next day I jetted up Holy S%$%# I raced my friend stock ds and he would keep up with me for about ten feet and bye bye. On the shore wet sand I could see the strip where we raced and also could see each spot where I would shift at and the rest i would be spining my tires. the hit is (big) low-mid range to the rev limiter. the low end not so much of a hit i think this is because of the size of the pipe. Last weekend I put on my new 22R sport bandits and 23F bandits I also got my rwr cdi and changed from a (UNI=fire) to a K@N. I'm hopeing I dont have to change jets again but its possible! I'm going to race worcs next weekend. I hope I can hold it down because of having large tire with more traction and no rev limiter!!!!!! Any questions[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks a lot!!! You told me exactly what I needed to hear. I now know what pipe I'm getting, unless ANYONE has other opinions of this compared to the White Brothers e-series. But I think I have my mind made up.

Old 03-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

azsand did a lot of testing and the graydon came out on top.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

I'm talking about slip-on pipes. Unless Graydon has a slip-on I dont know about......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

They used to have slip on's the complete sytem was both a slipon and a head pipe now the full system won't interchange i don't know if they make a slip on any more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

I think the MBRP gave me everything your looking for. My .02[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet! MBRP it is! I will get one as soon as I sell my FMF Power Core 4 that is new with less than 10 hours on it....... Anyone????

Old 03-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

I also would also not count out the trinity, if you have'nt checked them out yet, I have seen the mbrp,and own the trinity and beleive the trinity is the best built pipe out there so far, not just because I bought one, but because the fit,finish & build quality is just better, I think the performance difference between large bore 4-stroke race exhaust is marginal at best, I would get the one that was built to last, and the trinity can take all the abuse the mighty DS can dish out.........my .00000005 cents......after taxes that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said before I'm getting only a slip-on, I dont think trinity makes a slip-on. I dont have the cash to get a full system.

Quick Reply: MBRP pipe question.