CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

outlander 650?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlander 650?

Does anyone other than me think that Bombardier will put the Quest 650 motor, or a version of it, in the Outlander? I've ridden the Outlander at my dealer and loved it. I am waiting until they stuff in a bigger motor though. Has anyone heard any rumors of this? Also, I am sceptical of the durability of the machine. Would a two wheeled side landing or a hard brush up against a tree bend the rear trailing arms? All of the use of aluminum in the front end is light, but it is also soft. I believe a major repair would be in order, even after a slow speed impact. Anyone else have any input on these thoughts?

Old 03-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default outlander 650?

Reptoid:

Just bout 2 of the 400's a few weeks back. The salesperson that I bought them from is my brother-in-law, who happends to be the same guy that slammed on the breaks in front of me in a foot of new snow on the trail. I stuffed the front end of one up the back end of the other and dinged up the front grill quite a bit.

I was doing a good 25 or so when I slammed on the breaks, so I'm not sure how fast I was going when I hit him (my other Outlander) There was no other dammage than the plastic grill being scraped up a bit. $25 later, I had a new front grill and no other damage. I've been riding the heck out of them since I got them and I haven't had any problems thus far.

They are so new, so I though you would appreciate at least knowing that you can slam a couple of them together for a low cost of about a good hair cut.

Great ATV's and a lot of performance in the 400 HO.

Old 03-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default outlander 650?

Bobby Donahue (Dealer and X World Champion Snowmobile Champ) is in touch with Bombardier on a regular basis. Just spent time with his wife at a party this past weekend and she mentioned that Bobby and her just got back from a show associated with Bombardier dealers..

A ton of talk about the 400, but nothing spoken on a larger unit as of yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see it some day, but you may have to wait a while.

Old 03-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Range Rover
Default outlander 650?

Myself and 2 friends have Outlanders we hit 2'' saplings consistantaly with no problems. My girlfriend(really) slammed into a tree at approximately 15+ mph in the front right corner and bent the weak side of the bumper, we bent it back into place and kept riding. For $135 you can get the heavy duty Bombardier bumper and mount it in front of the AL. one. I personally like the looks of the Outlander and don't want to see a heavy steel bumper in front espiecially when you can replace the original one for $129. The plastic is great, came right back into place really flexible. Soon aftermarket bumpers will be available at a lower price. If slamming tree's is your thing get the heavy duty bumper.

Rumers of a 500-700 Outlander are out, they are being tested now. More official info about them will released within a month according to my dealer. Think about this if the 400HO smokes everything in it's class and many larger ones what will a 500-700 HO Outlander do.

Bombardier has the best warrenty's of any manufacture, one magizine had a article about a farmer with a Traxter with 10,000 +mi.on it said it was the highest quality ATV he ever owned.

Old 03-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default outlander 650?

Thanks for the input, keep me updated!!

Old 03-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default outlander 650?

my uncle has a traxter, he likes it but wants something more sporty, he says as soon as they stuff a big motor in the outlander the traxter's gettin traded in

Old 03-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Range Rover
Default outlander 650?

I own both machines, the Outlander is faster and sportier than the Traxter plus it's cheaper. If you are going to use the machine for farming or heavy work nothing is better than a Traxter. Don't think because it,s a 400 you won't be keeping up with the 650's. I ride with mostly big bores and usually beat them at aggresive riding because of the Outlanders stability and handling. I follow no one, even in drag races I only fall about 2 bike lenghts against 660 Grizzlys and have the same top speed. When it comes to offcambers & slippery conditions Outlanders can pull away easily, in real riding situations the Outlander is easier to ride fast.

Old 03-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default outlander 650?

Mdog:

Your right, the Outlander is a great riding machine. I have been just hauling through the trails with amazement on how stable and easy to control this thing is. Not at all like the ATVs of old that I used to get on now and then. This machine flys through the trails and offers a great 4x4 experience during the winter months. I've got a good 100 miles on each unit and they are picking up speed from when I first got them. Agile, fast and comfortable... not to mention practical for a Wisconsin boy who will ride all year long.

Did I mention that I like this thing yet?

Ride on all,
Kaz