CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Baja Suspesion Set Up....URGENT

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Suspesion Set Up....URGENT

I need to get my front suspesnion set as in spring conmpression and ride height....I want the DS to be lowered a little but for a low center of gravity....but i dont want it to bottom easily. And as for the rear....i want to to be even with the front. The toe-in is already set and is checked before every ride. I would like a little bit wider stance in the front though. And lowered slightly. As for a MX Setup. Anybody done this or am i just going to have to try it on my own?

Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

i went real low for ice racing but thats on a flat track with no jumps. don't know how much lower you want but you can cut away a ring at a time front the front shocks til it sits where you want it. to lower the rear just back off on the main spring and or cut it also. the lower you go the less amount of travel you will have. the hot trick is to find a shorter pair of shocks to run but that gets expensive. last year i ran a set of banshee shocks ice racing but that was sooooooooo low [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

yeah I ran blaster shocks once.....DIDNT LIKE IT!!!!

and I let the springs down on the front some and it feels strong.

and on the rear i let the compression down a little. It sits mean now!!

Old 03-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

look randy if your planning on racing motorcross quit wasting your time and put your dang blaster back together and ride it!it will be way more fun on a moto track than the ds would!yes i mean i have had fun w/mine on the tracks but yet i still say lighter the better!!!and i dont see why ppl say you cant handle a ds in the air when you can....but my point is just quit wasting your time use the ds for a dune/drag bike and use the blaster for a moto bike...i know you can find a piston for that blaster somewhere in paris instead of ordering a new one...just ask around