CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand mtn NV memorial weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand mtn NV memorial weekend

Who is going to be there? Last year we had a good turnout. This year should be even better. Lets get a little planning going on. Who will be there and when? We will be there. Sean

Old 03-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lets start putting the stuff together, I think I still have the schedule of events that was laid out for DS Days 2002 (prior to the whole problem with the BLM.) We could resurrect that & go from there. We will have an unofficial gathering of like minded people who are all members of a club or something.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

thats labor day weekend. this is pre ds days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is a difference?!?! hahaha j/k. I'm very bad about remembering holidays. We should start the DS Days planning soon as well though.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have a conspiracy theory about the squashing of last years events...and I bet $100 if you try to organize for that date the same thing will happen this year. Some organizations seem to be favored, or have connections, and others ("like minded dune enthusiasts") aren't...IMO. I'm not trying to be the negative voice in here as that position is already sufficiently filled...but you might want to contact Friends of Sand Mt. or the guy from Crowely's Offroad to make sure they don't already have plans for that weekend.

Jim

Old 03-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

we will have to make ds days informal like we did last year and like fsw2 was. Last labor day we had 20 ds's in our group and the blm never gave us a problem. I think 50 ds's this year wont be a problem. We are all there to help on the annual sand mtn clean up on saturday too which jon crowley of friends of sand mtn puts together. Sean

Old 03-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think for the whole DS Days thing to work, it will be more unofficial than FSW II. I think the best and worst part of FSW II is that they tried to make it fully official. It would have been awesome to be really official, however since they tried that it gave the parties who try to ruin out fun a heads up & they were able to ruin our day. With DSD2K3 there wont be anything official, all the ducks will be lined up in camp and then by the time we get to the hill people will go up and it wont look any different than any other day. There will be nothing official other than a bunch of people going to Sand Mountain that want to ride & camp together and also participate in the dune cleanup. There is always at least a little competition that breaks out between friends, right?

Old 03-31-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

that sounds good blackhawk, this last year we had a HUGE area inside our camp so we can do what organization we want there. It was a great weekend last year. I doubt we will have any trouble. Another thing i should mention is everybody coming will now have to pay $20 for a week pass. That just started this month.

Old 03-31-2003, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Dose our california blm rereation stickers work there ????? what color is the mirror sticker they give there ???

Old 03-31-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know, i have not gotten my season pass yet($45) Ask Duneme, i believe he has already gotten his. Sean

Quick Reply: Sand mtn NV memorial weekend