CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Oshotsu - Stock" VRS "RAZR - Stage 1"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Oshotsu - Stock" VRS "RAZR - Stage 1"

This sucks!

My friend just got a 03 Baja compleatly stock.
I have an 01 with a stage 1. 22/23 razrs (Brand New) 14/40 gearing.

I was able to easaly take the hole shot but when I wound out 3rd and into 4th gear he kept passing me like a rocket...
I was fish tailing and doing the best I could just to stay straight. Well, we stopped my razrs where just caked with mud and his stocks were clean as a wistle. We messed around and his kept cleaning out and mine kept slicking up.
I was pretty upset, stage 1 and getting beat by a stock DS.
We were ridding in a flat field with grass/mud/melting snow but mostly it was just slippery.
Then we hit the rock/gravel pit and my tires were clean and his were caked...
GOD,, is there such a thing as a GOOD all around tire????
I am more impressed with his stockers then my new RAZRS.....

Old 04-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Part of your problem may be you have too much power in the soft stuff with that tire.

Old 04-06-2003, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

just get some realtors, if those won't stay cleaned out ionno wat will,

Old 04-06-2003, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

I SAY!!...pro wedges!just dont ride on street...either those or the realtors as well...my holeshots never cake up in anything soo..i dont really care what kind of tires i run

Old 04-06-2003, 04:13 AM
Range Rover

Mudstud , I have both types of rear tyres and have spent the weekend trying both out ....... i reckon your issue is the low gearing , go up a tooth on the front ...... i was impressed with both tyres , they both work well in the mud , and in the soft dirt and on the beach ....... the razors tend to slide a little more coming out of the corner ...but throttle control helps .....

when u say u were "fish tailing ": down the road . this would suggest too much wheel spin .. u cannot go fast unless u get the power to the ground . The stock baja would have less torque and therefore was moving the tyres at the right spped to get best traction.

Hope this helps ......

i reccomend both tyres ...the maxxis will last longer being 4-6 ply ,

Cheers

Prokiwi

Old 04-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i run 15/40 20" ohtsus, this is an awesome gearing/tire combo for dry hardpack drags with 2nd gear starts - wind up to about 4 or 5K, dump it, adn hang on!
your 14/40 22" is very close to the same gearing as me; I think the radials hook up a little better in the slop.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Well,
If I let off the gas to stop the spin he would catch me and then I could not catch up.. I was just doomed to the terrain..
I wonder how bandits/razrs/hole shots work in the slippery stuff. I was really impressed on the oshotsu's...
I still like the realtors.. But I heard they were heavy.

Old 04-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

i'm not sure about the weight thing, but i'm pretty sure they're 6ply so that might be y, i have my excavators on right so i could weigh mine tommorow if ya want?

Old 04-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

MudStud,

if we were on gravel yesterday, I'm positive the outcome would have been totally different. It was really strange to see how the outcome can be swayed by things such as "TOO MUCH" power and the difference in tires. After the fun in the mud, it took me 20 minutes and $6 at the local car wash to get the darn thing clean.

I checked out the lower 40 in the river bottoms today and saw no sign of trails. But there has been a lot of traffic through there along the road. I will do more investigating to see if I missed something.

As for yesterday, no hard feelings. You know as well as I do that the conditions and the HP you put out were the reason behind the results yesterday.

RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

after I thought about it for a while. we were talking about our suspension set-ups. Your's is set up a little more frim than what mine was. This could also be part of the reason I was hooking up better. My machine was squatting in the back during take off, putting more weight on the rear tires....Just some food for thought.

Quick Reply: "Oshotsu - Stock" VRS "RAZR - Stage 1"