CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

White Bro Core Question? No Anwers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Bro Core Question?

I asked the Honda Guys, But I guess they don't like Bomb owners!(always seeing our Sand) This is on a 400ex that my son rides. (Honda's seem to be Kids Bikes you know);[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Does the Quiet Core really help pass Sound Checks? I ride mainly on the Oregon Coast where they limit the db level to 93 ( well they give 3, so 96 ) my White Bros is about 100 +- and I really don't like running everytime I see a Ricky Ranger. Before I spend good money on this I would like some advice.
Please repond --- Thanks:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default White Bro Core Question? No Anwers!!!!

I guess on some issues, the bomb guys don't have all the answers![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

wish I could help, but I don't have experience with the white bros.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know White Bros. would tell you it works, I don't know anyone who has one. I did hear to pass a sound check you can stick some steel wool in the exhaust & it will pass. Then you have to remove the screen and pop the wool out & continue riding. Though this seems like it would be difficult for an 'on the spot' check. Maybe call White Bros. & see if they can give you an idea of how much it helps. (In Db) If you get someone with a brain on the phone, they'll actually try & help you. If you get some monkey on the phone who doesn't know anything all they'll do is throw poop at you.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would think that you could remove some disks to get below the dB level, without buying the core insert. re-jetting would be necesary in either case.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

I had thought about getting the quiet core II insert for my E-series. Because I wanted to do an enduro that is coming up and the sound test is STRICTLY ENFORCED as the flyer states. I had seen the quiet core II insert in the Rocky Moutain catalog page 302 if you have one.

It says it reduces 5-6 db through out the RPM range. Sells for $35.05

If you get one let me know how it works.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Old 04-16-2003, 07:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

just curious but was your pipe packed or had it been run for awhile

Old 04-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Comeon sandman buy one your the guiaene pig now!!!!!! (iknow ispelled that wrong but the word got away from me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 04-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i think i'm done buying for awhile, mightntry a bore on the ds but that will be it i think.

Old 04-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

This pipe came with 12 disk. I tried removing all but 4 but the sound level didn't seem to change much. I don't have a meter so I had to use my own ears. I made the mistake of trying the quiet core listed in Dennis Kirk, (no picture) ended up not being what was listed in the Rocky Mountain book. This thing was only about 2 1/2" long, appeared to be a standard disk with a short 1" SS tube inthe middle with a seires of 1/8" holes in the tube. The tube was opened on both ends. When I installed this, I'm sure it was louder than without. Cost me shipping charges both ways to return it. I was hoping someone had used the unit listed in Rocky Mountain with good results.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Thanks guy for the responses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: White Bro Core Question? No Anwers!!!!