CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

picked up the 400 :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up the 400 :)

well the boy thought the dealer would let him borrow the 400 for the weekend, well i made him go and ask, so dale tells him sorry i sold it yesterday. there is were i was real proud, i know that had to be a hard pill to swallow for a 10 year old, but he said ok and kind of looked around some more. well while we were busy with that his mother had put ballons and a card on the quad. well as we were walking out the door dale goes hey i do have one out back you might want to see, so we made the trip out back and there it was. the smile was hugh. well we get down to the stage area2 minutes away. well sound cops were there so the ds's were trailer queens at the moment. so we get the honda down and i start to check it out and realise that the thing has all kinds of good stuff, which made me smile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well i ask for the first ride all which is in view off the truck well i even got the first race. even won. well he is ready to go after a little talk about what it does, so he goes out and plays well, and of all the days there is a dozen other kids wanting to race, well he held off for a while, put then i said go for it. well the springs were way to tight for his weight. well we were on a time line so we all got together and went riding, he was very happy. well after about 4 hours of riding we went and set up camp. sunday we went back and adjusted the springs big difference he could stay on the ground. well we end up out at comp, his starts are already pretty good, so he is just itching to race honda and suzukis( by the way all that reading and he said they don't know what they are taling about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) well he wins more than he is losing then came a couple of off raptors so i told him to go race them, well to my suprise he won, not by much but 2 or 3 times. well to bring this to a end he got a couple of banshees at the end, and yes very stock and not great riders on them, but he didn't know that. well as he was helping me load he goes on about what all he was able to beat then he looks at me and points and says now i'm coming for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lucky for me i could say why don't you start with you mom then i'll see if i can run with you. thank goodness they make blue bottles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

great story, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a day your son wont forget, will you adopt me? lol It reminds me of a day I was getting off the school bus and seeing two dirtbikes in my front yard for my brother and I. I had the biggest smile on my face until i wiped out the first ride on it.. haha.

Old 04-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

You bought a 400ex for a 10-year old..?

Fast bike for a 10 year old I think..

You should adopt me too.