CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My view on Snake Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My view on Snake Hunt

Hello everyone,

I had a great time meating all of the guys (and the Women [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) out there!

I am VERY thankful to everyone that helped me on my rides! I had a grounding problem which burned up a CDI. That is not good. If you paint or powdercoat a frame, make sure that you have a good ground!!! I changed the ground place from my main frame to my sub-frame, then did not have the sub-frame grounded good to the main. Thanks to "The Bomb" or is that "The Booom", for haveing some extra supplies down there!!!

I am sorry that "we" as a group did not get to all have one big campsite. I really got screwed on that!!!!!!! And Mud-Stud and Buttfungus got screwed by that guy also...........I will not do business with "the Oasis" until he is out of there!!!!

On to the sand

It was great to race my DS's again!!! I have a "stage three on NOS". The motor pulled real hard in the high RPM's (did not find this out until it was to late) Friday and saturday, I was short shifting it way to much! The bike ran good with a 10hp shot of NOS, but then when I went to a 15hp shot, something was not right. It would fall on its face....... No big deal. I came out there to have fun and ride. I did not go to kick butt on the drag strip. This was my first time on my DS in 1.5 years!!!!!!!!! I had to learn how to ride all over again!

I will give credit were it is due!!! The Bomb, SamcoeDS, Hurcyne, Roostingonyou, and quite a few others handed me my butt on a platter. They had some FAST bikes. I did not get to run DSMike, but am pretty glad, because he would have put the hurt on me from what I have seen!!!!

I had a great time riding with Mudstud, Biggerisbetter, and 14mins. I tell you what, I thought that 14mins was only a dragger, but he got out there and we all did a night ride for a few hours.....Well it was after 2:00am when we came back to camp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will not be attending any more of these "BIG" weekends down at Little Sahara. There was a record crowd there, and way to many "Drunks" I love to sit around and have a nice cold one at the end of the night, but this was "WAY TO MUCH" in such tight corders. There were way to many people out on the sand to be safe. I say the abulance TOO much. I don't like seeing people get hurt.

For all of the people that I met, and did not mention on this thread, I am sorry, but I met a lot of people this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the help they gave me!!!

DuneDevil

Old 04-29-2003, 12:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

as of may 1 alcohol is band in the dune here in oregon, i also like one at the end of the day but to know i can ride with my kids and have a little piece of mind is worth it.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

DuneDevil, I'm glad to see that you got your badboy finished. It looks a little different then that day I seen it in your trailer. Very sharp! I wish I could have joined you guys/gals at LS but several of us planned a May 17th trip a few months back. Hopefully it won't be as crowded as Snake Hunt. One thing about large events that I like is that you see alot of tricked out machines and meet alot of people all over the country. Sunday at St. Joe was like a mini LS. Lots of dragging and sunshine. I'd like to see your DS in person next time your in this neck of the woods.

J Miller

Old 04-29-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

I like the big gatherings for seeing hot machines and meeting people, but that's it. Off weekends are really the best for riding as long as you can get at least a small group together.

I had a good time at Snake Hunt and will probably go again next year. I enjoyed meeting biggerisbetter, MudStud, MrMeaner, dsmike, and many others from this forum. It was my first time on sand, first time with mods to my DS, and first time riding with other DS's, so it was a weekend to remember. I just wish I hadn't camped so far away from everyone.

There are entirely too many people that go to big dune weekends to sit around and drink. (To a certain extent, that was my biggest problem with most of the group I was camped with-- nobody wanted to ride as much as I did.) I don't mind kicking back and having a cold one every once in a while, but many people go too far.

Old 04-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Glad to see you all had a good time !!

Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Dunedevil, it was great meeting you and THEBOM. I will say that you guys are some of the best ds folks that I have met. You both have a lot of class and it was fun to cruise the trails and dunes with you. It's also nice having THEBOM around for spare parts too!..lol Too bad the "Oasis guy from Hell" had to spoil our fun and it was way too crowded to really enjoy the dunes. BTW, James, I owe you a tail light bulb..lol. It was also nice meeting the other forum members as well. Mudstud,Swen,Samcoeds,Bigben and others. I had a great time riding with Mark,Bob and Chris as well.Thanks for the great time everyone!

Old 04-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i like those big weekends there is so many people to meet, and seems you always make friends. we've meet several people from the forum and man seems the weekends are never long enough. plus there is always someone with a mod to check out and most times you can see it in action.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DuneDevil,

I would like to say THANK YOU once agian for going through ALOT of trouble and headache trying to get us all together. I know that guy really put the screws to you,and I hope that you were able to stop payment on the check you sent him. I fugured it cost you well over a grand to come to snake hunt, and you did get what you payed for(by a long shot). I hope you will put a pin-and- paper to it, and come up with a figure,and can all make it right with you.

THE BOM, I am sorry for you bad luck, and know how it feels to go along way from home,and have many problems.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I was in a simular situation at FSW,and thanks to many people on here, they made it to where I could enjoy myself as much as possible. I hope you guys will come back down next year on a quite weekend, so we can have the place to ourselves.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

The Bomb following is huge now. We got together and maybe had 20 forum members there. Whenever I go riding day to day I never see many DS'. Once we got together we may have outnumbered the Raptors! Who would have though that????