Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

so what are the options for ca. green sticker

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so what are the options for ca. green sticker

is the yamoto 110 the only option for us in cal. as far as off brands ? none of the 150's are green sticker ? i have a kasea 150 that is green but is that the only choose ?whats the deal i thought 4 stroke was 4 stroke ?whats the deal why are the other 110's and 150 4strokes not green ?
i need 2 green stikers for my boys it dose me no good to have 2 of my boys that can't ride sometimes.
what are my chooses ?
thanx vincent

Old 02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

As far as what the manufacturers will sell you, it is the yamoto 110 only in ca. You can get green stickers for others but it is difficult to get the machines in ca. It is also not guaranteed that you will get a green sticker. I have a green sticker on my wifes yamoto 150, but from what I understand I was lucky.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

mywifesquad yes you got very lucky with that one! Good 4 you! But yes the only unit right now for a green sticker in C.A is the Yamoto 110 ATV all others are red. And the Yamoto 110 dirt bike has just passed for a green also. mywifesquad were you been I have not heard from you in a while??
Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV

Old 03-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RacewayATV
mywifesquad yes you got very lucky with that one! Good 4 you! But yes the only unit right now for a green sticker in C.A is the Yamoto 110 ATV all others are red. And the Yamoto 110 dirt bike has just passed for a green also. mywifesquad were you been I have not heard from you in a while??

Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV
is there any thing we as ca. peaple can do to help this prosses ? whats the problum ? is it the state or the quad company that dose not wont to spend the $ to have the test or what ever done?

Old 03-02-2005, 04:49 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: toy4rox

Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV
is there any thing we as ca. peaple can do to help this prosses ? whats the problum ? is it the state or the quad company that dose not wont to spend the $ to have the test or what ever done?
It's an enviromental thing where the manufacturers can't meet the EPA requirements. The green sticker/red sticker thing, is something that was worked out with CARB (California Air Resources Board) so people can continue to enjoy 2 strokes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At first, 2 strokes were out the door[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But when riders, OHV advocates , dealers and whoever started to complain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The green/red sticker mess was created. Anyways, I attached a link to CARB and the history of how this mess started.

To answer your question, on how to help the process, You need to start with the legislators who created the CARB monster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Green/Red sticker history

Old 03-02-2005, 12:55 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV
Short answer, VOTE REPUBLICAN. The sooner this state gets rid of the Boxer/Feinstein combo the better. those 2, especially Boxer have caused more grief for calif OHVers than any one. IMO

Old 03-02-2005, 12:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV
Been wasting too much time in the spin zone. I do still try and help out when people have chinese quad questions. I have ended up setting my yamotos valves to the same spec as my hondas. .002 cold, seems just fine and no ticking from head. I have been keeping an eye on it and the adjustment doesnt change. You ought to sell a bunch of those 110 dirt bikes in ca now. Maybe you should try and market them here.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Range Rover

1985-86' ATC250r's are green sticker.

Wouldn't reccomend them for anyone under 16 - but a definate 'hell yes' for anyone else.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Yamoto ATV Raceway ATV
Short answer, VOTE REPUBLICAN. The sooner this state gets rid of the Boxer/Feinstein combo the better. those 2, especially Boxer have caused more grief for calif OHVers than any one. IMO
AMAN REPUBLICAN allways have and allways will

Old 03-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

AMEN to that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I've been seeing a Subaru around town and cringe everytime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It has a vote for Boxer sticker on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: so what are the options for ca. green sticker