Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma 95 & Falcon 110?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 95 & Falcon 110?

Hi fellas, been reading the hell outta this forum for the past two days, trying to decide whether or not these Chinese ATV's are a good choice or a waste of cash (or credit, in my case.) Im looking to buy 4 of them-- my 2 daughters, 7 & 12 years old, my wife, and myself. After all the thousands of posts Ive read, I decided to give it a whirl and just 1/2 hour ago ordered a Kazuma 95 (90cc) from Raceway. I decided to order just one, follow all the advice on this forum, and let my 7 yr old have at it--- see how it fares. If all is well and Im satisfied after a month or so of use, then Ill order the others.

I see alot of talk (funny how we "see" talk) on here about the Falcon 110 and the "Mini" Falcon 110. I dont see a standard Falcon on the Raceway website, they only show the "Mini" Falcon. Is there a difference in physical size? Id guess there is, but I cant find it. Both my wife and oldest daughter are about the same size, both about 130 lbs and 5' 2". Will the mini version fit them comfortably, or should I be looking at something alittle bigger? I think the Kazuma 95 will fit my skinny-bones 7 yr old just fine, but Im concerned about the Mini Falcons for the other two. Also, what about power? We aint gonna be jumpin the thing or beatin it up too bad, just mostly mild-to-moderate trail riding and exploring. Ultra-fast bugs-in-the-teeth neck-whipping speed isnt necessary, but some hill-climbing grunt would be handy.

Me, Im another story. I tip the scales at just a scosh over 300, so Im not sure China has anything of real use to offer me. I drag race my 62 Volkswagen in the PRA and NHRA, and would like a utility quad to peruse the swap meets and tow my 1425 lb racecar around in the pits. The only one I see that might fit the bill is the 250. Is it a worthy steed? I need some muscle, but dont need it to navigate a race course or hit the whoop-dee-doos too much. Just putter around the river bottoms with the family and put it to use when I go racing-- my trailer should be juuuuuust big enough for the car and the quad.

Thanks guys for all the advice on here, Ill use it.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Range Rover

Ooops, I was just reviewing Raceway's website again, and realized the Mini 95 ATV may not be a Kazuma-built unit after all. It says "Raceway Mini 95", not Kazuma. OK, so what the heck did I just order?

Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Oh, and one more thing............whats the difference between the RFX 110 and the KMX 110? I dont see the RFX listed on Raceway either, but noticed it was mentioned as a size comparison for the Mini Falcon 110. The Mini Falcon is comparable in size to the KMX 110, which is on the website, so Im guessing the RFX is physically bigger with the same engine. If the RFX is bigger, where can I see it? Link?

Old 03-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ErikTheRed,

Since you live here in California you should only buy the Jetmoto Quads that John sells. They are Green Sticker Certified for California. You will have an easier time registering the quads at the DMV. Also look into USFS spark arresters for the quads.

Good Luck

SB.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

We're not real concerned about the "red sticker, green sticker" thing, Ive read quite a bit about that part. As Im finding out, most Rangers dont even care about the sticker color, they know its just more California DMV/CARB bullpoop. However, even if you do get an ****-retentive Ranger, the fine is cheap. For the most part, we wont be using these in any State Rec areas, so the stickers dont matter anyway. If we dont use em on California's land, then we dont even have to register them. I live in Marysville, and theres PLENTY of places to ride em that aint any of their business.

Just out of curiosity though, are the Jetmoto bikes any better quality or come with better features than Kazuma, or are they hundreds more expensive only because of the sticker thing?

Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Now after another couple hours of looking, I may call John tomorrow and change the order to the Kazuma mini 90cc instead of the 95 no-name doohickey. The Kazuma has a few more features. And I hadnt really looked over those Jetmotos too much until now, they do look alittle better--- maybe give those some thought too.

(Im having a good time replying like a madman to my own posts!)

Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ErikTheRed,

That's cool that you have places to ride in California without the worry of registration and red/green sticker. I am also in California, but unfortunately have to use the State lands. Each and every one of my bikes/quads is registered. I don't want to have to be bothered with the fine and being told that we can't ride for the rest of the day. My family and I have encountered countless Rangers not only for them to verify registration (i.e.: sticker and VIN number) but also for sound levels.

Anyways, good luck with your purchase. It should go pretty smoothly as John at Raceway knows his stuff and will help you out.

I plan on purchasing the Jetmoto 200 from John sometime this summer.

Good Luck!

SB