Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tell me about Raceway ATV

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about Raceway ATV

So, is John the only one there that "gets it"? I've read a lot of posts where people call or e-mail Raceway for support and don't get called back, don't get responses, don't get the manuals they were promised, etc, etc, etc. Then John steps in and solves the problem. Usually with an "I'm sorry, I don't know how this could have fallen through the cracks."

I've been thinking about getting a Meerkat 50 for my daughter, should I only deal with John?

Thanks,
Doug

Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug,

John pretty much runs things there but he is not the owner. As for emails it is very hard for them to get to everyone. The best bet is to call. You an place an order and it is just as good as if you placed it with him. If you have questions John is the one to talk to. I have spoken to him dozens of times and just about everytime I call I speak to him if I ask for him. He is very busy and now they are with Jetmoto he is even busier and tries to get to everyone but just like any business some can fall through the crack. Raceway is by far the best place to deal with Chinese quads.

Now how old is your daughter? The meerkat is the smallest mini out. It would be good for a mature 4yo, 5yo and maybe 6yo but after 6 it is very small and the child will outgrow it quick. The 70cc is good for 5,6,7yo kids and the Sunl 110delux is awsome for 6 up to about 9.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

if your daughter is in the age group 4-10 year old i wouldn't buy a quad with a simi automatic transmission, it's really tuff to teach this age group how to shift gears, i think your daughter would be better off with a full automatic transmission such as the mini 70. i've been their -done that.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

My daughter just turned 4, and my son is 1. So I'm looking at the hand-me-down factor.

She currently has a Barbie Powerwheels Jeep. That has a high/low/reverse switch, and she's pretty comfortable switching from High to Reverse, sometimes without taking her foot off the gas. That makes for some interesting stunt driving on a slick driveway.

I'm thinking first gear with the throttle screw adjusted down would be good for starters. Once she's comfortable, I can put it in second gear and open up the throttle a bit.

Thanks for the advice. I know the 50 is small, and she may get more milage out of an auto 70. I'll check them out.

Thanks again,
Doug

Old 04-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Dougget to try and answer your questions I am not the only one at Raceway that gets it!!! But I like to think I am !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would have to say for the amount of emails and calls we get I think all of us at Raceway do a great job. No matter how many emails we answer and no matter how many people we try and help we just cant get to all of them as fast as some would like. We have a small staff, but with everyone there knowing there job very well I think we just about do it! The reason you see me reply to most of the member here is because I am the one that checks the forums most of the times. You can help a 1000 but there will always be one here or there that is missed! When I respond that I am sorry I mean it. We try to do our best and are sorry when we miss someone. But back to the other staff, they are all very capable of handling any calls or emails that we get. Danielle is the best! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As far as you posting that people call and do not get a call back for support I HAVE TO QUESTION THAT ONE! Everyone at Raceway has a list for support call backs. The most ever left at the end of a day would be at best 3! (Today was 2) And they would be the 1st calls made the next day. People must keep in mind that we give a ton of support to others that did not buy there products from us. I myself handled 9 calls today from people that did not buy there ATV's from us. To get that 9 up and running this took about 3 1/2 hrs out of my day! No big deal but we try to help everyone. We also are if not the biggest one of the biggest parts supplier's in the U.S for import ATV parts. So a missed call here or there or a manual that is not going to help anyone is just a few small things that may have to be dealt with. But again overall I think this company and it staff has come a very long way. We deal with 100's of people a week! and I truly believe that 99% of them are very very happy with us and our service! Hope this helps! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks again to MWQ, 2manytoys, billl2099 and to all of the rest of you out there that help these forums be as great as they are!!!!!

John Raceway ATV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer

I also recommend John @ raceway is not only the one to go to but he's really the only one that shows any type of committment when it comes to the knockoff's. I have also bought named brand from local dealers and trust when I say it is like being fed to the vultures with the salesman that attack you looking for that commission. I would recommend looking into the Kazuma 90 with wheel spacers and I have pictures of it at this link http://www.putfile.com/socaltoyman it's really the best all around kids quad I think. My son is 6 and he's the one in the picture, it fits him really well and with the wheel spacers it's almost as wide as the 150! I even have a blast on it and have yet to have one problem.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had good luck with Raceway. John and Danielle rock. They always had an answer when I had a question. I wouldn't buy a Kazuma from anyone else.