Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto goes to Pismo!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Jetmoto goes to Pismo!!

If I hadnt been there myself I may not have believed it. About 40 people involved with Jetmoto in some way or another got together at Pismo last weekend. There were a few dealers from the US and guy and his wife from Canada who are trying to get Jetmotos into the Canadian market there. And a few scattered family members from each of those group's too. Id say there were about 15 200cc Jetmoto Quads, about 10 150 cc quads and i even saw a 125 at the end of the trip too. There were 2-3 of the Jetmoto 200 enduro and dirtbike's and a pit bike too all with paddles. About 1/2 of the quads had paddles with custom alum rims on them and some had razor front tires too. From what I heard the paddles/rims combos will all be available thru Jetmoto in the future. And may be already.
I have to admit I was a little nervous with that many Jetmotos at pismo at one time but they held up great. There were 2 atvs not working at the end of the trip. Both 150's, one had a bent tie rod and the other had a masterlink come off. Not too bad considering both of those 150's had paddle tires and oversize razor tires on the front. There was a kid there who was jumping from 200 to 200 quad and apparantly was testing the rev limiters on the machines. I was amazed that none of the engines failed at that kind of rpm for extended periods of time. Over all Id have to say that the 200 is a decent quad for use in the sand. It can be ridden without paddles fairly easilly with some momentum and with paddles does well. The 150's did well with lighter riders on board but seemed to struggle a little with a heavier rider, lets say over 160 lbs or so. But seemed happy with a lighter rider on board. Paddles made it easier for lighter riders but seemed to be too much for the quad with a heavier rider on it.
There are plans for making this a yearly event and if so Id like to make next years gathering more public and offer demo rides on the Jetmoto quads. We did attract a bit of attention from a few Jetmoto owners and even a few guys interested in selling the Jetmoto line. Ihad such a great time i stayed a extra day and came home Monday afternoon instead of Sunday. The only bummer for me was that John at Raceway ATV couldnt make it and I didnt get to put a face to the voice. Next Year JOHN better be there!!!!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA ! It killed me not to go but work comes 1st! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I dont have a fun life! But I did before when all I did was ride! Those days are longgggggggggggggggg gone!

Raceway ATV Kids ATV !!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I tried to make a direct link to the Jetmoto at Pismo video but I couldnt. So if you go to JetmotoUSA you can click on the link under "leading news" and watch the video. You'ed think I picked the music. Deep Purple "Highway Star" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

MWQ what quads did they have there. Was it the 200 that was doing the wheelies. Looks pretty cool but I did not see any jumping. Let them jump a few times and see what happens.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
MWQ what quads did they have there. Was it the 200 that was doing the wheelies. Looks pretty cool but I did not see any jumping. Let them jump a few times and see what happens.
It was mostly 200's and 150's. There was only 1 125 there. Yes it was a 200 doing the wheelies. There were a couple of people jumping the 200's but most of these riders were novice level and might have gotten hurt. I did just get word from Eugene last nite that in about 45 days Im going to be picking up a early release ADULT sized 250 Sport quad. And I am going to torture it big time. I have told Eugene that if he is going to market a adult sized sport quad, it better be a good one right out of the box or dont even bother. Im am also going to let my 2 sons abuse it too. They are 18/20 and seem to break almost everything.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I took my Jetmoto quads to Pismo again last weekend and I personally rode each of them in the sand with stock tires. The stock tires on the 200 and the 150 are the shorter tread and I think it does better than the larger knobbed tires on the 125. I also have this same tire on my yamoto and it does good too, just dont seem to float as well as the other tires. With that little disadvantage I was suprised that I could take off in soft sand on the 125. I was worried it wouldnt have the power to pull my 235 lbs around in the sand. The 150 was a little faster than the 125 and easier to keep up your momentum with out having to worry about shifting. The 200 is definitely the hot rod of the group and will easilly pull all 4 of its gears in the sand. you have to work to see 3rd on the 125. My youngest son had his g/f with him and shes prety small compared to the rest of us at about 100 lbs. She liked the 150 best and it had absolutely no trouble pulling here around. We did have a breakdown on the 200, a bent tie rod . My oldest son was riding it and I always said he could break anything. I had 5 kids between 17 and 20 and they had made one of those dug in tracks in the sand by going round and round the same spot over and over for hours. He bent it while passing on that track. Hes looking forward to the 250 Sport Quad even more than I am. He also took the Yamoto out of the running with something bent under it. And the 125 lost the folding tip for its shifter.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still, doesn't sound like a bad outcome for kids to ride that much. Tie rods bend regardless of make when you hit stuff with them. Thanks for the update. Any chance you will be trying out some of the smaller Jemotos? I wouldn't mind picking up something in a 50 or (even better) a 70 flavor.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:23 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Still, doesn't sound like a bad outcome for kids to ride that much. Tie rods bend regardless of make when you hit stuff with them. Thanks for the update. Any chance you will be trying out some of the smaller Jemotos? I wouldn't mind picking up something in a 50 or (even better) a 70 flavor.
Im not sure about the smaller Jetmotos Scooter86, I have seen them but havnt even thought about checking one out. I will talk to Eugene about them and let you know what he says. I do know that he has plans for a 50/70/and 90 quads and dirt bikes for next year. All of them are going to be green sticker legal in ca too!!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 200 i have to stand on the back bar for it to pull wheelies. how do they do it sitting down regularly?
p.s. looks like sooo much fun i wish i was there

Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Rev the engine up to about 1/2 throttle and dump the clutch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Jetmoto goes to Pismo!!