Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

new jetmoto or used jap quad??????????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new jetmoto or used jap quad??????????????

Okay I would like to hear peoples opinions, I am not a trouble shooter of a problem guy, Do I buy a new jetmoto and chance little bugs with a new chinese quad or do Ibuy a used quad that may have problems later on or it may be someone elses problem that I buy???????????????? thanks for your honest reply. I am 6 ft 7 245 what will be better? buy used from a dealer? I like jetmotos price around 2000 a good used one might be 3 to 4 grand? thanks

Old 01-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

About two years ago, I was camping next to some people with some Chinese quads and motorcycles. It was funny as they kept getting flat tires, parts that were welded onto the frames were falling off, etc. They spent more time fixing them than riding them. Never saw anything like it in my life. I have never had a flat tire on any of my machines and have never had to fix anything. My advice to you is to buy used Jap. quads if you do not want to spend a lot of money. My Kawasakis and Yamahas never break. Never. You get what you pay for.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

I am struggling with the same question! Limited money and I would really like to have new Quads. The 07 250's look great but I have concerns about how they will perform and reliability. I think Performance wise they will be fine as we are new riders and do not plan on being overly aggressive. I feel Raceways will do us fine with Warranty and future parts needs. My biggest fear I think now is the resale value which if I'm not mistaken is next to nothing on Chinese quads. I don't plan on selling them right away but I think to myself after the first week my $2000. atv is now worth $1000. if I am lucky. Where as the used big 4 atv I can resell for pretty much what I paid!
But I am drawn to the 07 Jetmotos even though I may be dis-owned by family but they do look good and fit the budget I have given myself to work with! My wife wants the new Jetmotos over used, she makes buying decisions much easier than I.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes It sounds like a used jap quad for me, now I need to fined one that has not beed abused! Dealer used you think? they must prepair them?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

I think you will be paying more at the dealer for used, Classified ads would be the best place to look. I do believe even with the resale issue I still very well may buy the Jetmotos. Ya know with all the bad about the Chinese atv's I don't think I have read one bad review of the motors or the trans! It seems mostly its carb problems or other small stuff.
I am looking at buying three atv's and really would like them to match which you will not find in the used market, so I'm thinking I still may stick with the Jetmotos and get two JM 250's (one Red the other Blue) and one red 150 for the wife!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

i wouldn't waste my time and money on a adult chinese atv, they're great beginner quads for the 4-13 year olds but other than that they're junk.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is those commects that stop me from buying a chinese quad, all I can do is picture some 78 pound chinese woman tightening screws on the bike or welding them. (no offense to women of course)

Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: godeep69
I am 6 ft 7, 245 what will be better?
At your size you will probubly feel cramped on the Jetmoto 250.

bill2099, I would agree with your statement until i rode a Jetmoto 250. Its not like other Chinese quads.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

The Jetmoto 250 is about the same size as a Honda 250ex if you need to try one on for size!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

The resale value on a Japanese bike may be better, but if you buy a new Jetmoto, the resale on that won't be as bad.

A 2000.00 quad that has a resale of 1000.00 vs a 3000.00 one that resales for 2000.00. Still lose 1000.00 either way, but could also save 1000.00. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: new jetmoto or used jap quad??????????????