Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Shipping to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping to Canada

Originally posted by: check
Hi, Sawyer, thanks for the feedback. I certainly do like the idea of a shaft drive, because sticks and rocks and mud and the like can get into a chain drive and bugger it up. And I think Raceway has a 110 Yamoto with shaft drive, although it is more expensive than the 110 Jetmoto chain drive. (Have to check this out.)

Also, I'd love to get the 150, but remember the manufacturers' recommendations are for max 70 c.c. for kids under 12 years, and so 110 is already quite a stretch. Also, the rated capacity of the 110 Jetmoto, according to the Raceway site, is a whopping 290 lbs, so my daughter would be good to go for a long time, and my wife, well.....

In any case, I have to see what my import costs would be to go and get the Jetmoto from Buffalo, and then decide what to do.

By the way, I spoke to Maxam in Sudbury just now, and they have their new line but the specs on the web site are for the OLD line, so don't rely on them.

Hi Check, I looked at a Unison desert cat 150 today. Have you looked one over? Are they the same as Eton?? Its looks like a well made quad like the big 4's products. It also costs $3600 about double of a Jet moto 150. I imagine the quality is higher on the Unison but don't know if its twice as good till a look over a jetmoto 150.

Not sure which way I'm going to go. Out of all my boys only one seems to be crazy about ATVs so far. I have a little baja 90 I bought from CT a couple years ago I should sell. Its actually been good I haven't had to fool with it like that damn Ducar 110cc. The baja turn out to be a good little quad for a beginner to drive around the yard etc. with. I wouldn't take it trail riding to the mountains.

The place that handles Unison also has Jianshe products. The have a Janshe 250 there for $3800 which does look just like a Yamaha, like the guy claimed. The baja 250 that CT sells looks close to the same but its not (made in a diff. factory). Seems like a couple or more factories in China are producing a 250 yamaha utility clone like this.

I'm going to wait it out and see just what this Jetmoto looks like. Plus there is more and more "higher end" China quads coming out this spring.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Sawyer, have you checked out nordikmotor.com? They have a 150 from Yamoto, and also a Nordik 150, both under $2K. Since Yamoto is supposed to be pretty good, and the Nordik distributior in Quebec (who I just talked to) just visited the trade show in China and was very impressed, I am going to check them out - will report back.

Meanwhile, if you want to spend the more $, check out the Etons. We have the new '07 Viper 90R (4-stroke with reverse), and works great, has lots of power for a kid, and the CDI is adjustable! You can get it for about $2500 or so, and the distributor is in Okotoks. (I used to fish near there as a kid.)

Eton also has a nice 150 (for close to $4K in Canada), but it is bigger and seems unavailable in Canada. However, things are changing fast, so who knows what will happend over the next few weeks or even days! (Exciting times for the small ATV industry.)

Eton is made in Taiwan, and I think Unison and Janshe (sp?), so once again it seems to be Taiwan costs more but is better, versus mainland China, which costs less, but seems to be catching up in quality.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Well, we bought the Eton Vector 250 - my wife liked it because it was not a physically imposing as, say, the Kymco Mongoose 250, and because we got a good deal, and because it has a nice digital dash with Speedo, Odo, and Trip odo, and because it was a nice blue, and because the dealer seems good....

I also checked out the '06 Can-Am Rally 200 (which is actually 176 cc, but it is a rotax engine built in Austria), and I would have bought it (for about $3800 or so, as a clearout), but it was just too big looking (from the driver's seat) for my wife. But, for that price, wow it would be good for someone because the list is over $5K for a new one.