Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto vs. Yamoto

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto vs. Yamoto

So what really is the difference between Yamotos (which we can still get in Canada - but only for the 2005 model year) and Jetmotos? I know the Yamoto 110 has shaft drive, but do any of the Jetmotos, and how do they compare?

Any feedback would be much appreciated - there is a dealer here in Ontario selling Yamotos and I can get an '05 Yamoto 110 for $1299 Canadian. But is it better than the Jetmoto 110 or 150 for reliability? Peformance?

Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer

check,
Do a search for Yamoto and the author mywifesquad, he has extensive knowledge about both brands and there at least one post where he states something to the effect that Jetmoto is way a head of the Yamoto. there some other post re: Yamoto, too.
I have just gone through all of this searching for the same info.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Hi check, sorry for not answering this sooner but Ive been spending all my internet time lately looking for help with my CNC Mill.

When it comes Chinese quads, Jetmoto is the best. They have a better build quality, better components and the owner is determined to build a Honda like quad, for Jetmoto prices. Most of the others are just trying to move product as fast as possible.The Yamoto will not be able to touch the Jetmoto in any catagory except for price. The biggest difference is in the suspension/chassis. There has been a lot of thought and testing to get suspension that is not only long travel but has damping control for that travel. Next is all the electrical components on the Jetmoto are made in Taiwan. Same goes for bearings/wheel hubs. The components are made in Taiwan not China. Every "manufacturer" in china is a assembly shop. They put together parts that are supplied to them. Jetmoto has spent a lot of time searching for those better components. And you will be able to get a hold of Jetmoto in 5 years. Im not sure about who ever is selling the Yamoto.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Thanks so much, mywifesquad very useful information.

I've been reading a lot of stuff lately on this forum about problems with the new Jetmoto 150, and it really makes me hesitate. Knowing that your back is covered by John at Raceway with these quads is good, but I'm in Toronto and the border presents some significant obstacles when it comes to parts supply and the like, and the shipping costs for one of these quads to Toronto from Raceway are a whopping $400 - $500.

So, for now, I hesitate, but will keep watching as things develope further, and I am particularly interested in the fact that a lot of the parts come from Taiwan.

Best,

James

Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Your Welcome check. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There was a guy from Canada at the Pismo trip last year trying to import Jetmotos. Hopefully he's there this year and I can talk with him more.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!,.......Please let us know if there is a Canadian Dealer that comes forward to sell Jetmoto Quads..................Thanks...........Hey John from Raceway........Do you ever think there will be a Jetmoto dealer here in Ontario,Canada.........Thanks again.........Caper..........

Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know where we can get our 150cc Yamoto four-wheeler worked on in St. Louis?
It seems to be something with the transmission/ clutch. It starts and runs, but does not go into gear.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

QUILTER the bearing might be broken, this happened to my friends Suzuki and it got stuck in reverse!!!...is stuck

Old 06-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer

my wifes quad sry but i dissagree bc i have a yamoto 200 sport its awsom we got a new back suspension but we need to do front suspension and it runs fine I wheelied for like 10 feet on it the first time i got it but i do agree that it has terrible suspension that can be fixed with a few shocks and all but all in all the yamoto were more "known" they subcontracted for yamaha and they got in to a lawsuit since they sold in america, they changed their name to shinima and they are great now but a bit more expensive, mabe its the 1 year warranty lol but some parts on the yamoto are actully interchangable with the parts on some models of yamaha blasters and shinima gives live support on some of the yamoto models, id a gone for yamoto
------------------------------------------------------
2006 yamoto 200cc (easy adjustable back single upgrade shock)
2001 suzuki quadrunner 250 4x4 (kenda bearclaws) (1500 pound whinch)(uni air filter system)

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: YaMaHaYaMoTo

my wifes quad sry but i dissagree bc i have a yamoto 200 sport its awsom we got a new back suspension but we need to do front suspension and it runs fine I wheelied for like 10 feet on it the first time i got it but i do agree that it has terrible suspension that can be fixed with a few shocks and all but all in all the yamoto were more "known" they subcontracted for yamaha and they got in to a lawsuit since they sold in america, they changed their name to shinima and they are great now but a bit more expensive, mabe its the 1 year warranty lol but some parts on the yamoto are actully interchangable with the parts on some models of yamaha blasters and shinima gives live support on some of the yamoto models, id a gone for yamoto</end quote></div>

Thats OK because I disagree with you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Jason at Shinima is doing a great job all things considered. However...Stock out of the box....i dont think anyone makes a better Chinese quad than Jetmoto. The stock Jetmoto suspension is just one of the things that makes it a better quad than a Yamoto or a Shinima.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto vs. Yamoto