Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 150 making strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150 making strange noise

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>isn't this what you expected from a chinese quad? </end quote></div>

No, not really. From what I read about the Jetmotos before I bought, people were pretty happy with them. I bought one for the kids to ride around the backyard, no big jumps or anything crazy. Just moderate riding. I figured it would be fine for that.

I expected eventual problems, but not right out of the gate.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Wings did it do this before or is this a new problem</end quote></div>

This is a new problem. It has always started a bit rough. It takes a lot of choking to get it going.

But no stuttering while excellerating until now.

(also - it only has about 10 hours of riding time)

Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Even Ive got to admit its getting pretty discouraging....... </end quote></div>

Is your opinion changing about these bikes? What kind of issues are you having?

I am using the stock plug.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wings36

Is your opinion changing about these bikes? What kind of issues are you having?

I am using the stock plug.</end quote></div>

I still think they are the best coming out of China. What bothers me is I thought the 150 was pretty much trouble free(based on no real posted problems). Now its not looking as good. (with your posts and others)

Toss the stock plug and get a NGK C7HSA.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Toss the stock plug and get a NGK C7HSA.</end quote></div>

I'll do that.

Does Autozone or Napa sell NGK?

(these 2 are close to work)

Also - I spoke with John and he says that there have been problems with the jets in these bikes. (too small I believe) He's sending me out the right ones. I hope this will do it if the plug doesn't.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: billl2099

I'm starting to get pretty discouraged. I've been working on this more than the kids have been using it.

isn't this what you expected from a chinese quad?</end quote></div>

Even Ive got to admit its getting pretty discouraging.......

it's really quite a shame too, since we all know that the chinese are very capable of producing a quality product.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey all. Somehow got unsubscribed from this thread.

The quick answer is that the bearing is not tapered so it does not have anything providing the support a tapered shaft provides on the inner race. The JM has nothing but air behind the inner race so it has to have something that gives support on the backside and a proper length sleeve provides that support between the inner races of the left and ride side bearing.

As to the carb problem showing up in the 150, at least, I can say my is running perfectly. On warm days, does not even need any choke but recent cool days, it has needed a small pull to get it to fire up. It has always fired up very quickly.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Wing's, if it ran fine (Good) before it's not going to be jets now unless they are clogged. I would really look to see if your getting good gas flow to the carb. I have not heard of new Jets being offered for the 150's only for the 250. I'll bet you have a gas flow restriction some where it could be plugged! Make sure you do have a hole in the gas cap rubber seal and that the cap is not too tight on the tank. Pull the hose off the fuel valve and make sure you have a good stream of fuel coming out not just a small drizzel. same can be done on the carb bowl drain. A shot of starting fluid could tell you if it's a carb problem or something else.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: billl2099

it's really quite a shame too, since we all know that the chinese are very capable of producing a quality product.</end quote></div>

What is a shame to me is all the effort I know Eugene has put into trying to make a great quad coming out of China.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>What is a shame to me is all the effort I know Eugene has put into trying to make a great quad coming out of China.</end quote></div>
I'm with you. I was reading some other threads talking up Hi_Bird / Hensim and I took a close look at the pics again and remembered the various models I checked out in person before buying the Jetmotos.

The Jetmotos are better designed and use better components. So, it is indeed sad that other factors such as lacking production and quality control is what is giving the Jetmoto a black eye.

Given how cheap labor is there and Eugene's physical visits to China, I can not understand why he does not institute needed controls so he makes sure parts are to spec, assembly is done well (ie TIGHT bolts) and solid quality control before packing and shipping. If he takes care of these things, the quality will soar and cost might go up a few bucks but still a great bargain.

That said, I know it must be ruthless doing business there just keeping from getting ripped off fully but there are lots of quality hi-tech products made in China that show it is possible. I suspect it takes a lot of money to set up a local office there staffed with home office (ie trustable) hands and heads who have the company's best interest at heart.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 150 making strange noise