Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best

Hey thanks for all that 4x4 info!

As for the little kids quads I took a look on the net at the 2 you picked out at the start. The Renagade and the Kids ATV's 110. They both look to be about the same. Same type auto tranny set up my little 90 has. Its nice biginners to learn on as there is no gears to shift. A guess if you're in the middle of no where buy one from someone who has parts, can answer questions for you if need be and will still be around in 6 monts!!!

I might be going to a bike/quad trade show this weekend if I happen to see them 110's there I let you know who they look. As I'm sure my boys will be checking them over!

We're going to check out a Jetmoto 150 and if it looks good I'm going pick one up.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know how the COOLSTER quads measure up? I noticed at coolster.com that their quads have all around disk brakes, reinforced A arms and stainless braided brake lines. I was looking at the 150cc utility quad and it looks fairly large and has the cvt trans. which I am looking for, also has electric start AND pull start which I thought was a good feature. I own JetMoto quads and really like them but they dont have a 150 utility quad with cvt. I don't read much about Coolster on the forums and any info would be appreciated. They have a distributor in EL Monte, CA and Dallas, Texas and are Red sticker approved.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Broomer

Does anyone know how the COOLSTER quads measure up? I noticed at coolster.com that their quads have all around disk brakes, reinforced A arms and stainless braided brake lines. I was looking at the 150cc utility quad and it looks fairly large and has the cvt trans. which I am looking for, also has electric start AND pull start which I thought was a good feature. I own JetMoto quads and really like them but they dont have a 150 utility quad with cvt. I don't read much about Coolster on the forums and any info would be appreciated. They have a distributor in EL Monte, CA and Dallas, Texas and are Red sticker approved.</end quote></div>

Is it the coolster 150 with the racks listed on this site?

http://www.nationalwholesaleto...IEWCATS&Category=1414

Looks like it has the older style reverse in the rear end. Don't know if thats good or bad.

I've noticed quite a few of those 150 utility models on the market now.
The taller tires gives it a bit more ground clearance plus the fenders keep the mud off the rider better.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum Broomer! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jetmoto used to sell a 150 utility. Maybe it didnt sell well.

That rear end on the coolster looks like the one on the '06 Jetmoto Hunter. It has a open differential. Great for tight turns, not so good for traction. Its just like a car, the tire with no traction will get all the power.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Sawyer,
That is the one. But on the Coolster.com site it shows the newer model 3150DX and has a "NEW" flashing beside it. The new model also has a chrome muffler while the older model was blacked out. Thanx for the heads-up. If I order one of these I will be sure to get the newer model DX. I have heard that the rear axle reverse is more difficult to actually put in gear. If anyone has any input on this It would be interesting.
Thanx, BROOMER

Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Joel,
Thanx for the welcome. You mention an open differential. Does this also mean that the rear end contains the reverse?
Thanx, BROOMER

Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Broomer

Hey Joel,

Thanx for the welcome. You mention an open differential. Does this also mean that the rear end contains the reverse?

Thanx, BROOMER</end quote></div>

Your Welcome! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yes it does contain the reverse. And Im not sure it has a "open diff" but it looks a lot like the rear end on my father inlaws 250 Hunter. He uses his on his 5 acre's and its perfect for the moderate hills he has. Wouldnt be too good on a rocky trail or in real slippery conditions.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

What about Kymco Mongoose 90? I've read its the same machine as the Kawasaki 90. Should have good parts support.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Baja 90 representing!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Can't remember the latest name best price is using, but they advertise on craigslist a lot.

Quick Reply: Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best