Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jet 250cc Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet 250cc Sport

If had my Jetmoto 250cc sport for about 2 weeks know and have just been riding around the neighborhood and a couple of trails. I did have some problems the first week and raceway had already told me to adjust the Airflow mixture screw and then the idle screw. Well i did that already and thought i fixed my problem when first starting it. But it seems that after i ride for a while and go to Neu and then give it gas it dies when i give it gas. Would could this possibly be Could it be something wrong with the Jets in the carb? If anyone could give me some ideas on what this can be. It seems if i adjust airflow when i have this problem it goes away for a while and then it will sut off when i give it gas after a while of riding.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jet 250cc Sport

could be dirty carb even though its new, i had a similar problem it also could still be a carb adjustment problem.

if it was me i would take the carb off clean the carb making sure the jets are clean and all is working right...put a new fuel filter on it there cheap.

see what happens you might need to mess with adjustments on the carb i messed with my kids a few times before i got it right..

im betting on a dirty carb. does it start back up after it dies? sometimes there is dirt inside the tanks when there new doesnt take much crap in the carb to mess them up. i went through the same thing with my kids 150 cleaned carb messed with adustment and it was fixed.

hoyt

Old 12-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jet 250cc Sport

you know i thought about taking apart as well but i never have taken one off since im new to this sport John from raceway also said he would send some new jets cause he said for some reason the jets from th factory arent to worthy. i keep doing adjustment and adjustment and wheni think i have it right i ride for a bit then when i switch to Neu it will die and then i have to adjust again for it to turn on and then it will stay on and i can ride for a bit and same thing will happen. you might be right it might be a bit dirty. But what gets me is it when it dies after a while of using it will turn on but when i apply gas it will die?????????

Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Jet 250cc Sport

dont be afraid to take the carb off its a easy job just take your time your gonna have to do it when you get the jets.

hoyt

Old 12-26-2007, 11:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Jet 250cc Sport

I would guess you either have a dirty carb or a bogus fuel filter. Turn off the fuel and disconnect the fuel line below the filter. Get a can or bottle to let the fuel run into and open the fuel valve. If your not getting good flow thru the line its a bad filter. If flow is good its most likely a dirty carb.