Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

110cc Chinese atv wont go up small hill

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 110cc Chinese atv wont go up small hill

Hey also glad glad I found this form it's great I have a supermach 110cc ATV to its child's cleaned out the carbs it's brand-new the ATV cleaned out the carbs getting good spark new fuel set the idle on it idles fine it wants to take off on idol so I lowered the idle once I go up a small hill it just bogs down and there's no power could it be the centrifugal clutch I tried to adjust it but the little screw just keeps spinning counterclockwise and I don't find any resistance on it I was thinking maybe the clutch was slipping or possibly the main jet on a carburetor I blew them out they seem to be clear I'm kind of confused getting good spark help please kids screaming dad to hurry up

Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

What kind of oil you running? if your running the wrong oil the clutch will slip. Mine is the same way no resistance when turning the screw but i think thats due to the fact someone screwed it up prior and i don't feel like changing out the clutch.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

have you checked the compression? Low compression can make the motor run but not offer much power.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

We have a Panther 110 for my granddaughter. The clutch adjustment screw on it is a dummy screw, goes to nothing. My guess is yours are the same. There is a throttle limiting screw on the throttle control. If screwed in too far it will take it a lot of distance to make any power. Hers would do the same thing if she stopped at this steep hump in a trail close to our house. Not wanting her flying around at 35 mph I installed a smaller front sprocket. This allowed me to back the screw out a turn or so more which helped tremendously in clearing the trail hump. Maybe your problem is the same as hers.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol

ya i took the limiting screw right out it was more of a issue than it helped. I doubt the problem would be low compression or you would have other issues like hard starting. Need to remember kids do not know how to work the machine so when they start getting stuck they don't let off the throttle they just pin it and let the clutch smoke while the tires are not moving..

Old 05-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

With my granddaughter she always wanted to stop and look at the hump for a second or two before taking off. Told her over and over not to stop, slow down but keep several mph of throttle and she would have no problem. It never really sunk in to her. They are a single speed atv, not an auto or cvt style. They have to have some speed to build torque. Dropping the sprocket down on the front made a noticeable difference. I think I went two teeth smaller, there was actually enough adjuster left to adjust it out too. Well, for a couple of months anyways. Then had to drop two links out. If they are slowing down considerably or stopping at the base of the hill they most likely will not make it up. I think the sprocket was less than $10 off ebay. I was going to match it up with larger rear sprocket too. But my daughter got remarried, her new husband came and got the little Panther. I fear for the little Panther, lol!

Old 05-29-2016, 07:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Question Greetings from Ohio

We have a 110cc TAO TAO quad. Running good until a couple of hill jumps by the grandson. Now when we turn the On Off switch on power goes to the starter without pushing the start button?? Any suggestions???

Old 05-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by tomcrockettsr
We have a 110cc TAO TAO quad. Running good until a couple of hill jumps by the grandson. Now when we turn the On Off switch on power goes to the starter without pushing the start button?? Any suggestions???
yes don't hijack a thread start a new one...

Now with that being said start by checking the wire harness for shorts, also test the trigger wire on the starter. If you have power their without pushing start button then you have a bad button or short up the line. If the starter still tryes to start with that wire off starter then your solenoid is probably bad

Old 06-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default unintentional hijack

Apologies to anyone I may have unintentionally hijacked. New to this forum stuff.