Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma 110 Rebuild - Help Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kazuma 110 Rebuild - Help Wanted

I am writing this for some knowledge and help of you fellow DIY'ers and riders alike. Please read entire post before replying as I am trying to be as detailed as possible. Hopefully this will come in handy for others here in the community and future members of the forum! Thanks in advance!

Backstory:
Neighbor has had this Kazuma Falcon 110cc sitting in his garage for ages. Tired of seeing it sit after years I asked him if I could fix it up to use on my property (trailer mulch, firewood, etc). He agreed and here I sit with a busted up Kazuma.

Condition:
Rough... The engine wobbles around. Chain unattached. Air box dangling by some plastic. Tires flat. Completely dead battery. Slimy dark yellow gas.. Need i say more?

Troubleshooting:
Went to wally-world and grabbed a new battery. Then hit up Ace hardware for a Connector Link Repair Kit for the chain. Replaced battery and repaired chain, put chain back in place. Drained the gas tank, shook some fresh gas around in it, drained again, refilled. Cleaned out the carb which was mighty "gummy" around the edges. Blew out the petcocks. Fuel lines checked out fine no leaks. Checked oil, will need replaced. Removed broken airbox, covered pipe off carb with my son's sock. Filled tires with air, all hold fine. Brakes work OK. Bolt that holds engine to frame in rear was busted, replaced with a large bolt i had laying around that was same size.

Testing:
Sprayed her with some starter fluid and fired her up. Instantly revved super high, had to throw the kill switch. Played with throttle, noticed throttle cable is torn up, and the throttle sticks. Got around it with some WD-40 for now, and pump it if it sticks... Seems to run fine and has plenty of power. A puff of white smoke here and there when the throttle sticks and it jolts me forward, but no smoke at idle. After a few runs I definetly noticed the engine wobbling around ALOT. And eventually it threw the chain off.

My Question & Concern:
Biggest current concern which is why I am starting this post is the fact that the engine seems to really get thrown around when I try to open her up at all really. Like i mentioned before the rear mount bolt was busted and I did replaced that.. But is that really the ONLY place the engine mounts to the frame?? I see on the Jug of the motor that there is a threaded hole on either side of it. Is there some lower mount I am missing? I googled and tried looking at stock china 110 quads but could not tell from the pictures.. Nor can find any kind of engine mount parts on the sites. If it didnt shaked so much as to throw the chain off I wouldnt be concerned. It wont do it at idle even revving it. Only with shake the engine when it is in gear.

Other Questions:
Any oil brand & weight you prefer?
What is the oil capacity on these 110's?
Is there any way to adjust the shocks? These seem very stiff
Do these brakes use standard automotive brake fluid?

Current Status:
-Ordered PZ19 Carb, 4" Air Filter, Throttle Cable, Throttle, & Spark Plug.
-Picking up oil tomorrow to do the change.

A

Pictures of engine in front.. Notice theres nothing holding the engine anywhere to the frame. Last picture is rear engine mount bolt I fixed up, just putting this here in case it may be missing a bushing or something? Not sure, just was hoping these would help someone help me diagnose.Spam wordSpam word

Old 08-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor and grab the owner manual (this should answer some of your questions):

http://www.atvsnetweb.net/asset/manu...nersManual.pdf

Near the end it clearly shows 4 mounting bolts on the bottom of the engine...guessing that's your problem...