Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Linhai 300 ATV wont start

Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linhai 300 ATV wont start

Linhai 300 Scout wont start. When it started having issues it would run for a bit then quit. Checked the spark and there was non. It ran okay for a while then quit and repeated the same problem again. I unplug the coil wire and checked it with a volt meter and I blew a 5 amp fuse - then after replacing it with another now it won't even crank, no headlights nor does the instrument panel light up and I cant seam to find any other fuses. I think I really goofed something up and what could that be? Perhaps a diode or module? Any suggestions? Melissa

Old 08-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You blew a 5 amp fuse testing the coil with a tester??? Really??? Did you possibly do something else?

Is the battery good?

Old 08-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Battery and fuses are good but puzzled

The battery checked out okay and the fuses are good. Checked for power to the fuse bus and there is 12 volts there however no power to instrument panel. What would cause the instrument panel and no headlights to not operate? In my analysis of what could have taken place during my stupid test, I could have inadvertently sent back some high voltage like a reverse spark through the system that shorted or destroyed some component.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default A simple fuse that looked okay was bad.

My last attempt to replace all the fuses with brand new ones; even though they looked okay, solved the electrical problem.
With a visual inspection a fuse that looked okay had a hairline crack causing cut out issues and sometimes it would run and some times not.
After replacing all 4 fuses with brand new ones I am confadet everything is okay. Problem solved. Melissa

Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

what side of the coil did you test?

Old 08-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent...good job!

Old 08-31-2016, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tested the coil and blew a fuse

Two issues; a bad fuse and a frayed butt connection. Since the coil on the Linhai 300 ATV is located in a very hidden area on the right side of the frame up underneath the wheel well which is difficult to tell what wire was which. I'm not sure which one I might have inadvertently touch but when I did I saw a few low amp sparks and then there was nothing there after. I knew I blew the 7.5 amp fuse and checked the others which I thought looked okay. Previously I had over looked one of the 15 amp fuses which had a hairline crack and replaced it with a new one along with all the others.
Also located up in front of the neck of the bars in the wire harness is a factory open butt connector. The two wires were made up of two different types of non ferrous metals crimped together. The bad connection appeared to have corrosion and frayed wire from vibration and movement and so I re-spliced and soldered that. It now runs like the day it rolled off the assembly line. A mater of fact; there all now built for the assembly line and not meant for servicing by the customer nor of anybody, period.
Thank you, Melissa