Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Hensim kids quad

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hensim kids quad

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a used Hensim quad for my son. I have a few questions in which I hope you can help.

Previous owner started it on a block to lift the rear wheels as they always spin which the quad is turned on.
- Normal or idle/throttle issue?
- There isn't a gear shift assuming its 1 gear only

Also it seems that all of the safety cut offs are disables which i will need to trace and rewire.

I will be doing an engine service ASAP. Oil change, fuel filter, air filter, spark plug, and carb clean with adjustment.

Anything else to look out for while working through these issues?

Old 09-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

the wheels up off the ground will move with the weight of the machine on the ground they should be still unless idle is to high. Usually the safety features get taken out do to a starting issue and its easier to remove sometimes then find the source of the issue

Old 09-07-2017, 03:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

One safety feature is often brake on for the starter to work, they often creep forward if the brake isn't on. There is also less drag on the starter if the back end is lifted up and brakes off so, it has problems, it may be the only way he could get it to fire up from cold.