Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

HELP PLEASE new engine i have fuel and spark still wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE new engine i have fuel and spark still wont start

hey I bought a new engine for my quad and have hooked everything up I have spark and gas as I pulled the plug and gas was on it but it won't start just keeps cranking. now it is a new motor so I have not tested compression but you can feel it pushing the air when trying to start

Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

It is possible the engine has been assembled wrongly, timing out, valves not set right etc, but most likely, it hasn't got the right fuel/air mixture. Fit a new plug, even if your old one was "new" a dry plug may do the trick. If it has a manual choke, try without any choke. If auto, and doesn't start with the new plug, try with a hand over the air intake, in case the choke isn't working.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it is a manual choke and have tried it with the choke open and closed and still nothing it started once but died the minute i took my thumb off the throttle.
Going to try it again later tonight will post progress i did have to replace the 12v regulator because with it i had no spark then i removed it and and spark returned would that have anything to do with it.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the same issue with a new engine. got it fired up once using quick start but had to feather the throttle. Then i could never get it to start again. It backfired so hard it blew teh back of the muffler off and 50 feet into the yard.. I figured timing was way out.. Ended up selling it as i did not want to dig any deeper.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it fire on starting fluid? If not then it's most likely compression or timing if you confirmed spark (and please shoot the SF down the plug hole & not into the intake track)...