Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Poor little tink tink

Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor little tink tink

Bought this quad off Facebook for 100.00. Guy said it had compression but didn't run. I've been lucky working on my own vehicles, but I have never owned a atv or motorcycle or anything else of that nature. Never even thought about a small engine. That being said I saw it and remembered how much I wanted to ride one as a kid so I decided that since I can build a PC I might as well give this a shot.

I took delivery after dark and didn't get a chance to look at it until the next day. No key switch, no plug wire, no coil, no headlight, no starter solenoid, no battery. The brake fluid reservoir was dry rotted through the plastic fluid level window, the plastics are all missing bolts, the on/off/start/kill switch was completely rusted and nothing inside it moved. The tires looked good but 3 were leaking at the valve stems.

To say the least I was ready to park it atvthe curb for garbage pickup. Then this happened.

So when they said "Are you going to fix it daddy the only answer I could.muater was "Of Course

So I read some well written articles and browsed these forums and in 12 hours I had a complete CDI kit with plug and coil headed to me courtesy of Amazon. Today the coil and stuff got here so I ran to advanced and bought a battery that was huge compared to the battery box. I Hooked the CDI to the engine and the could uo and sprayed some gas into the throttle body and voila, it started then stalled.

Buy found my due diligence I tore apart the cart, saw the inside, and promptly ordered a new carb kit, left and right side brake controls with wiring and lines, a solenoid for the starter, a new reverse cable, and a valve install kit with new tire valves . Since wiring and splicing are nothing new to me I plan on redoing the wording harness in some spots. The Origional CDI is in it and if I am lucky everything may just plug up. But one small thing has me confused . Where does the pink wire coming from the engine go and yellow wire hook up? I haven't probed it yet to get the voltage. I am assuming one or both have something to do with the ac/dc conversion but the last thing I want to do it screw something up. Wires feom engine. I know where the black/red wire goes and i know where the green and blue/white wire go. But what about the pink and the yellow?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

On a Quad, any wire colours can mean anything, but a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese stuff used Honda's colour system, which are yellow from stator to regulator (and sometimes CDI) don't know about the pink, on big Hondas pink was positive for accessories. If that is a Honda clone engine, check wiring diagrams for Honda Cubs on-line.