Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Help with 150cc redcat atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Help with 150cc redcat atv

I bought a 150cc redcat (that's what's on motor) I put new Carb & manifold and still dose not run right. When I give it gas it wants to bog down. I adjust the air an still the same. When first got it it ran fine then started out of no where. Me son is driving me crazy lol someone help me out please

Old 09-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Choke stuck on? Clogged main jet? Mouse nest in air filter box? How is the spark plug color?

Old 09-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its an automatic choke it new carb an manifold.. I got it with out an airbox. Is there supposed to be one?

Old 09-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your carb set up could be sucking air somewhere even a little will cause problems. And the gasket material and o ring seals on the China quads are super cheap. I replaced my gaskets and tightened the manifold to block and manifold to carb bolts and now purrs like a kitten.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. It has new carb and manifold.. Any way of knowing if it's the gaskets or should I just change them? Also do these have a airbox? Thenks Again for help

Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

In theory you can squirt a little oil onto the manifold round the gasket area, this will temporarily block any air from getting in and the engine will run OK for a few seconds. However, do not assume your new carb is right for your engine, particularly if it should have a airbox and hasn't. Dozens of people have posted on here that their new carb is not working right, you have to set it up. It is always easier to clean the old carb out than set up a new one.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not sure if it had an box. When I got it, it didn't but people take them off and don't reject an makes it run rough. Have hard time finding manual. Do you by any chance no a site I can one? Thanks for the help

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Question

I have a new carb on it. Dose anyone no how many turns out fir the air screw? Wanna check an see maybe that's an issue. Thanks

Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Don't know the Redcat, but most carbs need about 1.75 to 2 turns out to start with, then, once warm, screw in until revs start to drop, out till revs drop again, and back to half way between these points. If idle is then too high, lower it by adjusting the throttle stop screw in the side of the slide. All Quads I know of have an air filter, think about it, they are made for going through mud, sand, etc.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm going to try the air screw again see if that works. I understand they have an air filter but I have seen some with an air box. If so that would mean the jetting would have to be changed for a open filter. Would an air leak in the gaskets make it run like that? Fires right up but ideal also goes up then down. Thanks you all greatly for your help