Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

NO ELECTRIC. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO ELECTRIC. Any ideas?

My daughters Kazuma Falcon 90 has been sitting for about 2 years. Went today and replaced carb and added a new battery. Went to crank and no power anywhere. I dont remember if the lights turn on from battery or when its running. Checked all connections and all look good. Pull ig switch out and did light tester and seemed good. Jumped one side of the starter solenoid to the other and it cranks. Also, the 2 smaller wires running to the solenoid light up with tester. Just the starter side does not. Also, if I test the wire from the push start button, its hot with a light tester and when I push the button, the tester almost completely goes dark. Any ideas?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Some new batteries need charging before use. However most likely you have a bad connection. Either a bad earth, or the main (usually red) wire from battery to ignition switch, to solenoid or start button, is not getting full power through, a bad fuse connection or faulty switch can cause this. If you have one use a test lamp, as voltmeters show voltage when there is no power to back the volts up.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for input. Its not the battery charge level. If you noticed above I said when jumping starter solenoid, it cranks and cranks fast so there is plenty of juice. Last night I also added 12v to the 2 wire on the solenoid and I did not hear the "click" of the magnet bar. I ordered a solenoid to rule that out. Frustrating to say the least.

Originally Posted by merryman
Some new batteries need charging before use. However most likely you have a bad connection. Either a bad earth, or the main (usually red) wire from battery to ignition switch, to solenoid or start button, is not getting full power through, a bad fuse connection or faulty switch can cause this. If you have one use a test lamp, as voltmeters show voltage when there is no power to back the volts up.