Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Yamoto

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto

Hello all

I recently acquired A yamoto atv I believe it is a 150. I’ve never had so much trouble finding parts for an ATV. The one I have is shaft driven but everything I find online says nothing about a shaft driven 150 only 110 and lower. I’m having a hell of a time finding a original wiring harness for it so for right now I’m going to jimmy rig it together just to make sure the thing runs but my plan is to buy a new harness for it but I don’t want to purchase anything before I know the size for sure. Does anybody know of any definitive markings that will help me determine the size of the bike aside from measuring the cylinder itself.

Old 05-25-2020, 04:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 329 Likes on 320 Posts

I suspect it will be a copy of the Yamaha 90. What makes you think it is 150cc? Stickers mean nothing, seen loads of Chinese bikes with Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki stickers on 'em. Actually fools some buyers into thinking they are getting a Honda or whatever. Vendor's recollections of engine size can also be decidedly hazy. Some engines have the capacity cast onto the cylinder, and many have the bore coded into the engine number, but even that sometimes lies.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really late to this but it looks similar to my yamoto. Mine's a 110cc. Did you find the things you were looking for and get it working?

Old 06-06-2022, 06:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had one of those recently. I think it was a 70cc, but motor was identical in appearance. I just used the regular cheapo wiring harness from eBay and it worked fine. Only difference may be how the stator is wired at the connector, but you could just splice the old one onto the new harness or use the stator that comes with most of the harnesses.