Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Stator wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stator wiring issue

So this is an interesting one, i have a bajawd250 and im putting a new wiring harness in it cause the old one is destroyed.
all of the components in the kit fit pretty well except the stator which is completely different, so i figured my only option was to reuse the old one, problem is the old one has 7 wires across 3 connectors from what i can see and the new one has a 5 pin connector, and theres another 2 pin connector but idk if its related, im going to add some pictures of the new connector and old one, along with a pic of the discontinued part cause really i couldnt even tell what colors they were

from what i can see the red, blue and green wires match perfectly, idk if white is same as black one, and then theres 3 yellow wires while on the new connector theres only one.
also added the picture that shows the other 2 pin connector with brown and green wire, dont know what its for, diagram wasnt very clear

so if anyone can help out it’ll be awesome, i dont know what im doing or if this new wiring harness wouldnt even work, but ive found it really hard to work on this damm thing since theres no information or parts readily available, and im not much of a mechanic, i just change parts and hope it fixes things lol, nevertheless, thanks again

Old 03-06-2023, 02:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

Your new harness looks to be incompatible as it uses a yellow and a white for alternator phases, wheras the stator is standard three yellow/three phase, (OK they are grey on your stator). As for the other wires, green is usually earth, blue/white pulse signal for ignition timing, this leaves the black and the red on your stator, guessing I would think the black may be for a two wire pulse coil (if it is, the blue won't be earthed but would show a small resistance between it and the black) and red would be for power to CDI. The best way to tell what all those extra wires on the new harness are for, is to check where they appear again out of the loom. You may be able to earth the third phase, most two wire alternators use the two wires plus earth, three phase system, but I wouldn't risk it.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
Your new harness looks to be incompatible as it uses a yellow and a white for alternator phases, wheras the stator is standard three yellow/three phase, (OK they are grey on your stator). As for the other wires, green is usually earth, blue/white pulse signal for ignition timing, this leaves the black and the red on your stator, guessing I would think the black may be for a two wire pulse coil (if it is, the blue won't be earthed but would show a small resistance between it and the black) and red would be for power to CDI. The best way to tell what all those extra wires on the new harness are for, is to check where they appear again out of the loom. You may be able to earth the third phase, most two wire alternators use the two wires plus earth, three phase system, but I wouldn't risk it.
yeah i do see your point and honestly i wasnt too convinced by it either, but really it was so hard to find a wiring harness for these bigger atvs, most are 125cc and below and even i know some stuff changes, but i ended up buying that one cause it seemed like the best i could find, appreciate the imput nonetheless

fyi for anyone reading, if ya’ll know of any other harness kits that would work better and reasonably priced im all ears

Old 03-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
just to be clear, and i know you dont recommend it but you were suggesting 2 of the yellows go to white and yellow and the 3rd one gets grounded, green to green and red, so that leavs us the blue and the black to the blue, would it be to put these two together?

Old 03-07-2023, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

Blue to blue/white, this leaves the red and the black Standard (Honda) colours are black/red for the main power wire to the CDI but neither your stator nor the new harness has this set up, so you need to be sure what goes to where on your CDI. Check where the red/white goes on your new harness. Stator black is tricky as I think it could be the other wire for the pulse coil, that is why I suggested testing it. Again some stators have that wire earthed, but you also have a black on the loom, check where it goes.

Edit, just spotted the other post on here with a link to a wiring diagram, different colours, but Baja do use the non earthed stator, so two wires for power, two for pulse and three for charging phases, and will use a different regulator and CDI to what you will have got with your new loom. Page 120 in that manual linked to by the other post.