Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Please help wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help wiring diagram

Please help

Hello I have a 6 pin cdi not sure if it is a bashan or Kudiak or something else I rode it for a few month and randomly caught it self on fire so now I need a wiring harness but can’t figure out why it won’t start it cranks but no fire only if you jump the solenoid is the only way it will crank the electric start won’t work I’ve bought 3 different harnesses and none of them seem to work it’s what I call Frankenstein cause it’s most definitely put together with different atvs judging by the welds on it but I need help with trying to figure out what wires are what and where they go or what Kind of wiring harness I would need to buy any help would be appreciated

Old 07-11-2024, 03:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 333 Likes on 324 Posts

First you need to work out what those 6 wires to CDI do. Assuming your bike uses Honda/Chinese standard wiring colours, a black/red from stator to CDI would indicate an AC CDI, but the basic AC CDI only needs 5 wires so one extra wire does something slightly non standard if it is AC. Generic wiring harnesses are mostly for bikes with Honda Cub clone engines, so unlikely to fit your upright engined bike. If you can't find the right harness for it, you will have to make one, or heavily modify a generic one. This diagram shows the basics.

"Safety switch" is a lockout which you can ignore, just connect black to green/yellow, and most bigger bikes have three yellow from stator to regulator rather than a white and a yellow, but otherwise, find out what that extra wire to CDI does, then follow the basic diagram and you should get a starting and running bike. Lights, horn etc, would need wiring to take pos power from that ignition switch black wire.