Classifieds, Garage Sale & Swap Shop Buy, Sell and Trade Goods.

Parting Out a 2003 Scrambler 500 HO 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting Out a 2003 Scrambler 500 HO 4x4

This is a 2003 Scrambler 500 4x4 that i decided to take apart in an ambitious attempt to build a fully custom machine. Not long before i started i realized the land around me, the land that i ride on, was being sold and that i would have very little chance of riding such a beast without driving a great distance, paying a good deal of money, or both. For this reason i abandoned my project, went away to college to get my engineering degree, and finally returned to find a dismantled old stallion neglected in the corner of a warehouse. A few years later (present) i decided i would try to salvage what little value it has left, along with help the enthusiast with whom i spent so much time conversing with in the past. I will post pictures shortly. To sum up what is available, it would be easier to tell you what isnt in working order.

The Primary clutch is cracked and therefore unusable

The frame is cut apart, so it would need to be welded back together if the intent was to use it for a stock scrambler

The front left A-arm is slightly bent, and therefore not suitable for use

I do not have the stock exhaust system

i do not have the stock airbox lid (modded for increased airflow)

i do not have the stock jets for the carb as this quad was re-jetted by the dealership

I do not have the stock footwell mud guards

i do not have the stock rims and tires. I went to aftermarket aluminums instead. i cant remember the make but i know they are clean aluminum and mounted with holeshot 2 tires front and back...

Everything else is still here, and is in perfect working order. So dont hesitate to contact me for even the smallest of parts.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me

If you are close enough, i will be willing to meet with you. Thank you for your time!