Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Pacific NW Quad Racer's Assoc. Newsletter

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific NW Quad Racer's Assoc. Newsletter

First off....I want to thank the ATV Connection mods for being cool and letting me post this....

PNWQRA is a new ATV club forming in Washington State. We are providing a resource for all quad riders to know about upcoming events in the Pacific Northwest. Our goal is to bring unification to the sport, no matter what kind of riding you do.
If you are interested in joining this club, please PM me for more info.

Pacific Northwest Quad Racer’s Assoc. Newsletter

September 25, 2003

Hello Everyone,
There is a lot of news in this edition that you are definitely going to want to know about!

Recently, the Association had a meeting with Pacific Raceways, and here is what came of that meeting.

1> Quadfest is still a go with practice motos on Saturday and the actual festival on Sunday.
In following years, Quadfest will be incorporated into the final race day and awards ceremony at the end of the spring/summer series.

2> There will be at least 8 races next year for the spring/summer series. The races will still be held on Sundays and will start in either late April or early May of 2004. There will more than likely not be any races for the month of July due to prior commitments and events planned. No races will be held on holiday weekends.

3> Practices will be held on Wednesdays only. It has not been agreed upon yet as to how many practices per month there will be.

Last Sunday, 9/22, marked the beginning of the OPMC series in Port Angeles. There was a very large quad turnout. So large in fact that the people running the track were totally caught off guard. They were used to having only about 4-5 quads show up for previous races. Well, there were about 30 there this time!
We have to give props to Graves Motorsports for bringing so many riders to that race. It was a really cool sight to see all those trailers start to pull in, loaded with quads.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out this track, you should. It is a very fast track with some good jumps and up hill and down hill doubles. There was a lot of positive feedback from riders about this track. The track is natural terrain, so there are some rocks in there, but it appeared they did a good job getting most of the big ones out.

There was also a very large turnout of about 40 quads at the Washington State Series at Horn Rapids in Richland.
We are also expecting another large turnout there this weekend (9/27-9/28) for the Top Gun race. We would like to wish the best of luck to Team Enumclaw who will be out there representing the Association.

The Association has also been in contact with Rob at the track in Longview. Rob is very excited to see a quad turnout at his track and is willing to rent the track to the Association for our events. We have suggested having a mud event there in November. What do you guys and girls think? Want to get dirty?

On October 25th there is a race at Longview. We are trying to get as many riders as possible to show up for this event to check out the track and to show who we are!

There is also another OPMC series race at Port Angeles on October 26th as well.

In November, there will be an Iron Man race at Horn Rapids in Richland on the 2nd and another race at Washougal on November 2nd as well.
Don’t forget the Hangover Scramble at Washougal on New Years Day!
We will have the specific info for these races in the next newsletter.

It has also been suggested that we possibly do some charity events, like benefits for Northwest Harvest, Toys for Tots, or other worthy causes. This would get our organization some recognition and enable us to get in the good graces of some larger organizations within the state. If you have any other suggestions for this, we would love to hear them.

Well, that’s all for this edition.

Remember that the more people we have supporting our sport, the better it will get!

Have fun and keep the rubber side down!

Old 09-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

BTW, I almost forgot!
If you have an event happening in Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Western Canada, that you would like mentioned in our news letter, please PM me and it will be added in our next edition, and sent out in email updates.
If you would like to be on our mailling list to receive this news letter and updates on a regular basis, you can PM me your email address. All email addresses will be kept confidential.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

nice

Old 09-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

dont forget the weekly safety tip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds and looks GREAT!!

Old 09-26-2003, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Bing should have a column of what <u>NOT</u> to do!
and Maybe TechTip101 should have a column too!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But really, it's Looking good! way to go!

Bill

Old 09-26-2003, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

so i was wrong about the name then... its officailly the PNWQRA, cool!
i'll try to pass the word on & link back to this thread. do you know if/when there will be a website?

this saturday & sunday are GP races (A.K.A. hare scrambles) at Goldendale, WA.

-October 26 there's the Halloween Scare Scrambles at Spokane Extreme MX at Airway Heights, WA
-November 23 they hold the Turkey Scramble there too.

Old 09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the input everyone! It's great to know that there are so many people interested in this.

Thanks for the info on those scrambles dual-sporter! I will add those to the next newsletter.
As far as I know, PNWQRA is going to be the name unless there is a problem.
About the website, from what I was told, there is one in the works. As soon as it is up and running, I'll let everyone know.

Hey Bill, I think Bonehead700 needs to get in on that "what not to do column"! lol

If anyone has suggestions or has news about rides or races coming up, please post them. The more people we have sharing info, the better.

BTW, I should mention that I am going to be out of town at the race in Horn Rapids this weekend, so if I don't respond to a message or PM, please don't think that I am ignoring you! I will responde when I get back.

Old 09-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Hye raptorchick, well why don't you add us to your email list....sandvig4@juno.com
Also I have some flattrack,rough scrambles schedules on my website www.sandvigracing.freeservers.com
I probably need to update it for the winter series though which I will try to get done real soon.

We run the Monroe indoor winter flattrack series, Oakwood scrambles & flattrack, Rainier flattrack, didn't make it to Hannegan this year but hopefully next. We would be interested in helping out in any way w/ info if you need
Thanks & we'll be talking to you soon!!
Kym Sandvig

Old 09-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hi Kym,
I'll add you to the list.
And thank you for the info!
We appreciate all the help we can get. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We are really hoping to get things organized and get the info out there about events and races. There's already been stuff posted here that I didn't know about.
Thanks again!
Lisa

Quick Reply: Pacific NW Quad Racer's Assoc. Newsletter