Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

Twisted,

I am not sure if they rent quads up there or not. I have never heard of it. I think they rent sand rails (or used to).

try the following links and see if they help any

http://www.touroklahoma.com/Pages/st...s/lsspbig.html

http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara.htm (This link has a place where you can ask a local expert about the area he would probably know if there are rentals available

Hope this helps

Bob

Old 12-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am trying to plan the January meeting and I thought I would let you all vote on the date. I had the following dates in mind but nothing is etched in stone. Just send me mail telling me what date you want to have the meeting (Even if it is not listed below) and the date with the most votes wins. I thought that if it was okay with eveyone else we could have the meeting at the same place in Lexington, OK at the Broken Spoke. This is fairly midway for a lot of people and it seems like most people liked it last time we were there. The food was not exactly gourmet but I don't think anyone got sick from it, hahaha. So let me know when and where you all want to have the meeting...

Bob

<u>January</u>
Friday 23,
Satruday 24,
Sunday 25,
Friday 30,
Saturday 31

Old 12-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

Hey you guys might want to check out this article. Its about gps and four wheelers. This is much the same way that I use mine. Its an overview but an interesting read.

I got i fixed now I think

gps and fourwheeler article

Shane

Old 12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Shane,

Thanks, that was a great article. I think the guy that wrote it actually posts on this forum. IF it is the guy I am thinking of he posts under the name TEXMUD or TexMUDDER or something liek that. Thanks for the infot I am going to print this off and read it in depth. Shane..the Glover is SUPREME fishing are for the smallmouth in SE Oklahoma. When you go there next month definately take your rod & reel.

Bob

Old 12-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer

Shane, For some reason I cant get the link to that article to work for me. It keeps giving me the "this page cannot be displayed" message. If you would E-mail it to me when you get a chance, it would be greatly appreciated. Later man.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Mike (Blacksheep)

If you look at the URL when it comes up in the address bar there are two sets of http. Take out the first set of https:// then just ues the rest of the URL that will pull it up. I had the same problem as well. The article is really good.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the help bobman. I learn something new every day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] That was a pretty interesting article. I recently bought a Magellan Sporttrak Pro, and use it in much the same way described in the article. I also bought the software for my computer, so I can print paper maps of my favorite riding areas. It works really well (and is simple enough even I can use it.), and I'm sure does more things than I know how to make it do. As soon as I figure out how to do it, I'll post a map in my pics so everyone can see how they look. I would highly recommend a mapping GPS to anyone who trailrides.

Later Bob, and thanks again for the tip.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Mike (Blacksheep)

Just curious, did you choose your user name from the old TV show with Robert Conrad "Blacksheep Squadron"?

Old 12-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

bobman
The name did come from the TV show, along with another story. At my previous place of employment we had one of those wonderful supervisors who would stick you on night shift indefinitely if you pi$$ed him off, or if he just didn't like you. So while spending the better part of three years on nightshift, one of my fellow squadron members popped off about us being the blacksheep squadron and it stuck. My badge number then was 6, hence the name Blacksheepsix. On the lighter side of things since I have left there has been an administration change, and that supervisor has lost his rank and pay and is now working night shift.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sometimes life is GOOD!
Later bobman

Old 12-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

Ok guys sorry about the mix up I got the link fixed now. I hit the https button instead of the http button sorry for the confusion. Bob I think the "blacksheep' nic is from a more sinister nature than the like of 70's TV. LOL just kidding Michael, I emailed you the link. Bob you are right it is a very good article and Mark is very knowledgable about GPS and can answer a lot of questions. He is right mapping is the way to go. I went out riding for a little while this evening and roasted some marshmallows with the kids it was a good evening even though I didnt get to go hunting. Any body want to set up a time to meet up in the chat room let me know chairman68@yahoo.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB