Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

do u need insurance for this

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do u need insurance for this

do you need insurance if you want to go riding at a atv park, or on your property. do you need insurance at all. If some ones parents let them ride and they are under 16 is that endagering a minor

Old 07-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know much but I had it explained to me like this.

Insurance is just that. If you want to insure that you will be covered in the event, then get it. If you do not think that there will be someone responsible riding it or watching some underage person ride it then that is on you (or whoever is allowing that to happen). There is no law that states that you need to have insurance on a vehicle that is not allowed on the streets.(at least that I am aware of) Also, ATV's are not as expensive as most vehicles. The cost to repair is a lot less compared to some of the larger and or luxury vehicles out there. It is optional mainly is what I am getting at.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

LTZ is right, it's up to you. Most accidents are minor and don't cost a lot to repair. Just had the Magnum dance with a tree, about 200 for parts. I have full coverage insurance but didn't claim it, would just make insurance go up. I have it more for theft, and if I total it (i.e. bigger tree).

Old 07-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Quad Patrol

One of the good things about insurance is, if, you ride on or near dry grass and you start a fire, either by accident or no spark arrestor. You are covered if your policy is set up right. Yes, you can leave the area, but if you ride on private property, might not be that easy. The cost of the fire fighting effort, plus lost of grazing/farming to the rancher can cost literally thousands of dollars. Having insurance will cover you. Just food for thought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lt. Dan