Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Eastern Mass atv club interest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern Mass atv club interest?

So far I've only posted the link here on the connection. I'm writing a post to put on three other bulliten boards that are New England oriented. I've had a lot of people ask me about a club that found me from the other forums.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

i spread the word to a few people on exriders.com. hopefully ill get a few more.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

ttt

Old 06-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello guys, just signed up. I'd definitely be willing to join/help.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

Cool.I am running behind on the flyers because my printer ran out of ink,but copies are being made and they should be out and about by the weekend.I talked to one of my firefighter buddies and he siad 4+ guys just got quads at the station and are looking for places to go.We got talking about this and he siad he could get 20 names and he will pass some flyers out too so maybe all this will be worth something.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

Stength in numbers, nitsy, strength in numbers... I hope this takes off! As it is, jwoodsman and myself are trying to get out to Pittsfield SF this weekend. That amounts to four hours of driving for about six hours of riding... I'm hopeful it's worth it but frustrated that douglas state forest/franklinstate forest/f gilbert etc are soooo close by-

Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

I am heading out to pittsfield 4th of july weekend.Made some camping arrangements and" to do" and" to get" lists tonight and I am excited to get out there.Hope my yfz 450 does alright.My girl will be riding by boss's 250 4x4.Let me know how it goes and have fun.Got the flyers tonight and will get some out this weekend as well as getting a few more buddies to sign up.If you could let me know which trails I can handle on the 450 and which my girl can handle with the 250 4x4,she is a first timer but has experience riding snowmobiles.Later and have fun.Nitsy

Old 06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

As it happens, I'll already be scouting out where my mrs can handle on our 250 4x2, and shes a newbie, too. Looks as if we won't be alone, the WM club has it's monthly ride scheduled there on Sunday-

I'll let you know.

MB

Old 06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Range Rover

Not trying to stay off topic, Nitsy, but since you started the thread...AND asked the OT question, lol...

My brotherinlaw and I went out to Pittsfield for the first time yesterday and had a ball... put on about forty miles. Not alot of traffic, but saw plenty of people.

In general, I will say this regarding the trail difficulties: Those north of the main dirt parking lot are really easy and a great place to take a beginner. Make sure to see "Balance Rock", it's not everyones cup of tea-but I thought it was cool. Generally every DEEP mudhole has a way around, and we opted out of a few. The trails to the south are mixed, with fairly tough sections together with easy parts mixed in. Lots of up and down, lots of exposed smooth and fractured ledge, lots of rutted exposed roots.... some of the fractured ledge was just unforgiving and bone jarring, but the cat soaked it up admirably and I really don't feel too bad today, considering I'm forty years old and drive a desk for a job, lol. While I wouldn't let my wife loose on the rocky, rooted trails... the smooth packed dirt trails (Churchill, Burgoyne, Balance Rock and a few others) were fine for her, though I didn't go on any trail all day that I couldn't have gone with the Honda 250 4x2, but admittedly would have had to choose a good line and have been aggressive.

Coming from someone that has very little space to ride, it was fun to get out and roam! Kinda a pissa to have to plan a whole day around it, drive hours, and then ride past tired because you came so far to see it, but I'll definately go back again....had a blast!

MB

Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 400EX with tires about 1/2 worn, 2X4, no reverse. Which park in Western MA would be best? Obviously the real slippery muddy trails aren't the best for my quad. My best friend has been going out there with his Warrior and his fiancee on her Honda 250, both sporty 2wd machines.....but they have reverse. We're planning a trip out there eventually, and may be registering in NH too because the ride is a killer to get out there in Western MA.

Quick Reply: Eastern Mass atv club interest?