Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Eastern Mass atv club interest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern Mass atv club interest?

Nitsy and jcotti, whereabouts in Plymouth do you guys live? I grew up in Manomet and now live in the Ponds Of Plymouth.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:35 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

Where in the the ponds??? I just came through on my snowmobile this past winter. It's not bad in the snow, I'm working my way down on the ATV, so far about halfway there (to the canal)

Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

FYN, right on Lunn's Way, the main road in off of Long Pond Road. The furthest I've ever been down the powerlines back there was down to Head Of The Bay Road. That's not a bad stretch of powerlines because there isn't anyone nearby to get bothered. It's a little rough though. That big pit by the watertower (we called it Pyramid Pit when I rode as a kid) is fun, but again I only make a couple of climbs and move on so I don't bother anyone. When I was younger, we'd ride there from Manomet (long ride down the powerlines) or drive our trucks out to the pit and ride all day. Not legal of course, but nobody cared about it then, not even the EP's, as long as you weren't messing around with the water equipment. Those days are long gone.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:15 AM
FYN
Trailblazer

It's a shame isn't it.... My buddy used to ride from Halifax down to the canal. I'm bummed those days are over

Old 06-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

In west plymouth off of Rte 44, I get on the power lines close to where FYN does.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

The people I have so far are mostly the ones on here besides my firefighter buddies and their friends who(I would hope) get on the web and enter into the survey.As for where I live I live in one of the best hot spots around,down near PCIS.There is a bit of good news with some of my efforts,but it only applies to registered voters of Plymouth.I have spoken with the town and the ***. manager is sending me some forms to begin a citizens petition,if we can get 100 signatures then we can get a special town meeting(this is my interpetation of what I was told),also we would have to be ready to answer any possible questions from the town,find out about land and figure out how everyone can use these places together,you know all that.Lots of stuff going through my head so bear with me.I am headed to pilgrim power sports tomorrow to talk to the owner and see if he can help,or will help in anyway possible.I also had an idea,crazy but it might work,but I cant share it til I find out more.The biggest problems will be with money and membership,cause(as most of you already know) not many people are going to join a club and throw money into it if they have no where to ride,that is just a fact.Though that doesnt pertain to everyone,just most.My friend lives in the Ponds,first road on the left when you turn on Lunds from Long Pond.Budferret,you have a pm.Too bad we dont have those old days back,but then again look at how the land was then and look now.Well enough for me,be back sometime this weekend.Spread the word boys and girls,we need it.Nitsy

Old 06-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

count me in

Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

I'm pretty sure I can get the guys where I bought my machine(s) (Bob's Ski Doo) to help out in any way. Just let me know what I can or need to give them....

Old 06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

Anything new going here???

Old 06-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

dont look like it man...

Quick Reply: Eastern Mass atv club interest?