Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Eastern Mass atv club interest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern Mass atv club interest?

I've been somewhat busy answering posts on another forum. There are a couple of people that have suggested that everyone join NETRA, the mostly trail bike organization. I'm hesitant to go along with this idea at this time but would like to correspond with them to find out what they can /will do for us. So far they are the only people with a paid lobbyist on Beacon Hil to represent ORV interests (Dirt bike and ATV) The Berkshire people seem to be behind them in many things. One of the House bills they are lobbying for concerns me alot and I'd like to give them a chance to convince me that it's what we want. I firmly convinced that we need our own "ATV" group and join in their efforts as we see fit.

As far as actually setting things up, no one has come out and said that they have experience as an officer in a club and volunteered themselves for nomination. At this point I'm willing to settle for "I don't know how but I'm willing to learn". I have received a couple of offers like that. (I am also in that category, I'm learning alot) I have tried and will continue to try to get advice from the right people but it's been tough. I think it's time to move forward without the help.

Watch for an e-mail next week announcing an informal organizing meeting in the Plymouth area. I'm thinking maybe a Wednesday night around 8 pm a week or two after the Fourth of July.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds good budferret. I know this will be a long slow process with a chance of going nowhere. But I am still all for it!

Old 06-23-2005, 03:19 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

I spoke with one of the guys where I bought my quad & sled, they said they would spread the word, also if we end up with any type of written material they would pass it along. Basically help however they can. Keep me in the loop

Any luck with Pilgrim Powersports???

Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

Got caught up doing some stuff.Going to Pilgrim Powersports first thing Sat morning.For all you registered Plymouth voters I got a petition from the town and we can go over that at this possible meeting.The earlier I know about this meeting the better chance I have at getting a few more bodies there.Where in Plymouth,or Plymouth area is the meeting going to be held?FYN,can we meet up someday and I can get you some of the fliers to get to those guys?Let me know/Nitsy

Old 06-23-2005, 09:48 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

Anytime Nitsy

Old 07-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Those of you that sent in your info should have just received an email from Mass ATV. If you didn't get it then your email address is bouncing and you should re-submit it.
Basically, the message said that my idea for a meeting place fell through and I need your suggestions.

For anyone wishing to submit or re-submit their contact info you can still do it at: http://www.neatvtrails.com/EMass%20club%20survey.htm

If that doesn't work email me directly at webmaster@massatv.org

There's extra info and ideas in the email broadcast. let me know if you you need me to forward it to you.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Weds 7/27/05 *CHARLIEHORSE RESTAURANT* 8 PM
Route 24 to RT 106 West in West Bridgewater, 2nd Bldg on left. can't miss it. We have reserved the billiard room meeting area. No meeting room fee, order off of menu

Nice place, great food and family atmosphere.

See you all there

Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

For anyone that couldnt attend,we voted on club officials.Budferretis the President,and I am the VP.We are filing the necessary paperwork for the club within the next 2 weeks.To anyone here that did attend,thank you and we look forward to having everyone work hard(and have fun) towards a common goal.Our new web address is www.massatv.org,our name is Mass ATV Association ,Inc.Thanks Nitsy

Old 07-29-2005, 05:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great to hear! I just got back yesterday from a 13 day trip through Canada so I wasn't there the other night. Thank you guys for your work and time.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

I couldn't make it the other night, next time though.

Quick Reply: Eastern Mass atv club interest?