Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Lake George Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake George Event

I am thinking of going to the East Coast Power Sports atv rally in Lake George New York on September 23-25. Has anyone here gone to this event and was it worth the trip? Thanks for any comments.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the Northeast Powersports Rally will be held in Lake George, NY, September 23-25
John Deere Poker Run - $6,499 Grand Prize (A 2005 Buck 500 Auto)
Kenda Tire Mud Bog
TrailPass Trail Riding
HUGE Powersports Expo, ATV Stadium Rodeo, Uphill Giant Slalom, Adirondack ATV Tours
ATV Demo Rides on Arctic Cat, Bombardier, John Deere and Polaris

We’re expecting 5,000 attendees this year. Please visit
www.powersportsrally.com for more information.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

never been but I'll be there this year. Can't wait.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

ive never been to that but in the winter i go skiing to lake george and the lake freezes up and people bring their quads trucks snowmobiles and even hovercrafts onto the lake and ride around. i used to only watch because i didnt have my grizzly back then but this year im gunna bring it with me and tear up the lake.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pre-registration for the 2005 Northeast Powersports Rally will close on Friday, September 9, 2005.
You can still register for the events at the Lake George Forum (I-87, Exit 21) during the weekend of the rally, September 23-25, 2005. Here is a link to print a copy of the Post Registration Form:
www.powersportsrally.com/nepspostentry05.pdf

Old 09-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

just went up for trail riding on sunday-didnt bother with any of the events-thought it was yet another unorganized atv event put on by trailpass-the trails were good but the organization wasnt so hot

anyone else go to this event? what were your experiences??

Old 09-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

agreed, organization was pretty bad. I'm blaming it on the powersports rally folks though, not trailpass. I was signed up for the poker run...no need to get into the whole story but it ended up with my group asking for refunds and going to ride on other trails for the day. Dissappointing, we had really been looking forward to the event - not to mention we drove 4 hours to get there.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Trailblazer

I also went to the show on sunday. I was disapointed at the amount of people that was there. i first went to the displays in Lake George. I asked one of the dealers how many people he thought went through on saturday and he told me if 1000 went through it was a lot. I then went to west mt. to watch the events over there. Not many people there either. It is pretty sad that us atver's can't even get together at something like this to show some support for our cause. The government looks at things like this and says to themselves,"what do we have to worry about they don't have anybody who cares enough to show up at there own functions". Please every body join a club and get with NYSORVA, we have to show the government that we do have numbers and we do mean buisness. As far as TrailPass I watched Leeann work her butt off at the gate on Sunday.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

we drove about 2 hrs to the ski mountain there, we expected to just sign in and pay and what not but it was a big ordeal-somebody at the ski place said that the quads were tearing up the mountain too bad and that we couldnt use the trailhead there-if u have hundreds of quads, you have got to expect there to be damage!!-anyway, we loaded back up and drove about 5 miles down the road to another trailhead where there was no trailpass guy or anyone there to let us thru the gate-a real pain in the you know where-the trails, once we got on em werent so bad though-we got the 800 polaris stuck and restuck which was the highlight....
450kodman

Old 10-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello Everyone,

J47Sweet here, from the Northeast Powersports Rally. For those of you who were affected by the trail closing issue or the riding 2up issue, we are genuinely sorry. We were caught off guard by the decision to prevent 2up riding on the Poker Run. The folks who made this decision understandably did it in the name of safety and security. If someone crashed riding 2up illegally, then they would be at risk of a law suit. Since this is our rally, the decision ultimately has to land on our shoulders, and if you made the trip all this way, only to be turned back at the last moment, then please accept our apologies, and the refund you received as a small token or our sincerity - I would have been upset as well.

Regarding the trail closure: As you probably know, getting access to trails in NY is very difficult. For us to make this rally happen, we had to work with a private mountain, and guarantee that their trails would survive an ATV rally. This included many signs on the ski trails asking (pleading) for riders to be careful on the ski trails, while encouraging them to do whatever they (safely) want on the extensive trail system behind the mountain. On Sunday, a group of irresponsible riders decided to ignore the signs, and tear up 2 large sections of ski trail. When the mountain saw what was happening, they immediately closed the trails, so that they could repair what had happened, and redirect traffic past the damage. Their repair lasted about an hour, during which the trails were closed. Again, we apologize very much for the inconvenience, and hope that it didn't ruin your trip to the rally.

We are very open to suggestions. Please feel free to email any ideas/improvements/suggestions to
info@powersportsrally.com

We will do our best to include them in next year's rally.

Quick Reply: Lake George Event