Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

snirt ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snirt ride

Went on the snirt ride yesterday and what a ball!!!! Those poor 2 wheel drive machines. There were 1086 entries for the poker run. We waited over an hour at the first hill waiting for the 2 wheel drives to get unstuck. Finally I felt sorry for the last one and pulled him over the hill and sent him on his way. I bet there were 200 wheelers waiting for them to get unstuck. There was anywhere from 6" to 2' of snow on the trails. It was a lot of fun for most of us. We passed 2 snowmobiles all day. I talked to the DEC at 5:00 pm and they told me everyone behaved themselves and had only written 3 tickets all day(which is amazing). Next years ride is already scheduled for the second week of Aprill. Only one casualty from our group- The trail boss from our group had to be towed because of tranny problems. It took a Kawi to tow that Honda home(ha ha)sorry Joe .Have a great wheeler season and be safe

Old 04-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default snirt ride

YES, I know that everyone must find it hard to believe that a Honda would break down. "BUT" it's true that I had to be towed back to Montague Inn. The part that was left out was that after a short break the Honda came to life and made the drive back to the groomer Barn and yes the KAWI was back to his normal position and that is following the Honda as it opened the Trails for the KAWI. "BUT" without the help of friends I would still be sitting on my HONDA in the middle of TUG HILL.

I would also like to send out a special thanks to all of the folks that braved the cold and snow to enjoy a day on Tug Hill. The trails had been mostly single lanes and their was a lot of give and take to complete the passing of on comining ATV's and everyone worked together to create a safe day.

THANKS

Joe

Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Range Rover
Default snirt ride

The ride was great and the weather was also , I dont think that people planned to ride in 2+ feet of snow with a sport quad and if they did I am not sure what they were thinking. All in all it was a great time and I cant wait untill next year !

Old 04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default snirt ride

Oh I guess I forgot to mention that the honda started going again.(ha ha). I would like to thank the Tug Hill Wheelers club and the Sno-Barons for working together and getting this done. Thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default snirt ride

It is my understanding that the Honda defied gravity and all the laws of science by using a towstrap to push a Kawi through the snow