Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

Wisconsin Riding Club, New OHV Park?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin Riding Club, New OHV Park?

My group has been going riding at this old retired county gravel pit for the last 10 years or so. Other locals might have been riding there longer, but I found out about it around 1992. I'm really bad at estimating...but it's probably about 50-75 acres. Lots of elevation changes...lots of hill climbs, lots of woods. Not so big that you would get lost...but definately better than the other ride spots within an hour drive or so. Our riding was always done on the sneak since obviously nobody knew who was in control of the property.
So about two weeks ago we headed out there to ride around, and this guy stops us to see what we're up to. Turns out it's the new owner of the land. He bought the land about a year ago, because it borders his trucking business land. He was very nice, he was even on a couple quads with his kids. He said he is very open to the idea of opening the land to riding, but wants to cover his assets. I'm going to work with him as much as I can to make this a reality.
The new Dirt Wheels(June) just came yesterday, and I'm going to photocopy the article on how to open your own OHV park for him. I will be sure to keep everybody posted if anything comes of all this. Perhaps volunteers in the area could help out with necessary preparation. I want to make sure this guy doesn't have to go out of his way to make this happen. Obviously, if he takes to the article, and works with me...then I'll be talking to the WATVA, the AATVA, the NOHVCC, etc. Any other suggestions for getting the initial ball rolling!?

Old 04-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I can't help you with that, but, you have my curiosity now.

Where is this at?

I find it funny that someone else is from Kenosha in here. I live in Bristol now though.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Range Rover

Silver Lake, near Hwy 50 and Hwy B

Old 05-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

It would be great if you could get that opened up. Let me know. Also, do you have a copy of that article? I'm going to go out and look for that issue and see if I can find it, but if not, could you e-mail me the article? There is a club here in Manitowoc that has been trying to get land for a park, but so far have come across a lot of baracades. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Range Rover

I will get the article scanned...and email it to you. Each page will be a large jpg file...so I hope you have a big mailbox!

Old 05-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Mailbox is huge! pro_x_predator@yahoo.com if that one doesn't work, let me know, I have about 8 with 2 on servers.

Old 05-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like the gravel pit that was owned by Mary Fry they must of finally sold it. If I can help I will.

Kevin
Union Grove ,Wisconsin

Old 05-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

I never knew who owned it, and never knew it was for sale...I wish stuff like that was more publicized. I would have liked to have seen how they advertised it for sale.

Old 05-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

franke 19

Can you email me a copy of the article also

Thanks

rknhoj@aol.com

Old 05-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Range Rover

I just sent the three(3) emails to you...sorry it took so long!

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Riding Club, New OHV Park?