Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

tires for 400 scrambler?? is there even such a thing as a 23" aftermarket??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-1999, 11:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ahs everyone been using for replacement on their scramblers? are there any good tires that will replace the stock and still keep the stock size? has anyone been changing the size of their tires? if so, how does the awd react to this? just getting an idea because i know how quaick tires wear, and i want to have a tire in mind already when i need them. never saw vampires. who sells them? ya know, i love the scrambler, but why would those idiots put such an oddball size tire on the front? i think the only damn tire i've seen is the stock replacement. whcih, they aren't bad, but i would like to get alittle better tire when i buy new ones.

Old 12-22-1999, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

What type of riding do you do?

I highly reccamend the Holeshot XCT tires. I am running stock sizes on aftermarket rims. They get better traction, and really helped handling. Just not good in mud.

If you ride mud, most people run stock front tires and something else in the rear. I run Bearclaws in the rear for mud. A lot of guys go to stock sized rear Super Swampers and 22x8x10 front Super Swampers, and they aren't having problems. You can get 23x8x11 Bearclaws or Surtraks, but then you have to get new rims too and not many people carry the Polaris bolt pattern for a 11" rim.

Good luck.

Old 12-22-1999, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I saw a BigFoot Scrambler today. It was a 97 model with 26(!!!!!!!)x9x10 inch Vamps all around. If it can pull 26" tires then it should do fine with what ever you put on it.

Old 12-22-1999, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Boner, unless he put a low range in it, he is going to eat some belts. That's one big heavy tire with big lugs! Unless he stays out of the mud. ;-)

Old 12-22-1999, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thats why he put the on, for mudding. He has had them on it for 1 1/2 years and still has the same belt. He uses mometum and keeps it peged to go threw the mud.

Old 01-05-2000, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi all

Frist of all Scamblers don't have low range. The front tires size can be any thing you want, because even in AWD mode the quad is still in 2wd. Your AWD only works when the rear tires loose traction. The reason Polaris put the funny size, is it makes it sporty handling wise. If there is a diffence in ratios from front to rear. You can change the rear ratio to match the front. By changing the spockets. The only plus of the older front chain Scamblers is that you can change the gear ratios. As far as tires go if you are trail riding with light mud use, go with the XCT tires like quad_man said. For mud use you can get 24x9x10 (front) Super Swamper TSL/ATV (not Super Swamper Vampires TSL/ATV) 22x12.50x10 (rear) Super Swamper TSL/ATV. They will fit on you stock rims. Now i have 25x12x11 Vampires on 11x7 rims with 3.6 psi that measure out to 24 1\4 in. tall. You should be fine since you bike is not Fukk time four wheel drive. Now if you want a general perpose tire in stock sizes there is Cheng Shin's Wooly Copys they have a 23x8x10 and a 22x11x10. They are great general perpose tire with good all around traction and they wear good. To see a picture and tires sizes of the Copys go here --> http://www.rockymountainatv.com/chewc.html
To see pictures and tires sizes of the Vamps and the Super Swampers and the XCT's go here http://www.natltire.com/pages/atv.html#blackwater

Hope this helps Kenny