Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

PEP ZPS vs. TCS SCS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course, you will always be better off having your shocks revalved when they are shot(as opposed to just having them serviced). Plus, you are really killing 2 birds with one stone because when shocks are revalved they are serviced anyway. It is just part of the deal. I would say, get them revalved by someone, any suspension shop should be able to do it. However, you would probably get better results from someone that routinely works on ATV shocks.

Old 10-31-2000, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Raychalp about having your shock serviced by a company that is used to dealing with quads. And I can speak about Pro-Action personally since I have sent them shocks in the past and I would not recommend them. I think they are a fine company, but are used to working on dirt bike shocks and not quad shocks. I sent my Honda 250R rear shock back and forth about 4 times and they still never had it right. The first few times the valving was way too soft and then they started changing the spring and it would still bottom out too easily. This spring I sent the shock to Baldwin Motorsports and they thought the spring from Pro-Action was coil-binding and not allowing the full travel of the shock. After Baldwin revalved and installed a new spring it worked 100% better than the 4 times Pro-Action worked on it.

Old 11-01-2000, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, I have TCS, they are Awesome.
Ummm, I had something to add to **** whole bit, but forgot what it was =)

OH YEAH, I got my TCS shocks within a week of ordering them! I was expecting at least a month or so wait, and when Todd told me a week, I was like WOW, they came within a week, I was figuring shipped within a week and so 2 weeks really, but nope, I got them the same day I got my A-arms. I was needless to say HAPPY. It was gonna take me like 4 months to get PEP's.

Old 11-03-2000, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Mr400eX, please give me the long-winded version of various shocks' design and the theories behind these designs. Thank you in advance. Owen

Old 11-04-2000, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

I too would love to hear it.

Slick

Old 11-04-2000, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

I would love to hear a detailed description of TCS shocks.

Thanks,
Slick