Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Best tires for sport machines

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires for sport machines

Hey looking for some opinons on the best tires for a sport machine, that really grab good in mud but still a good ride. I was looking at some mud lites but im not too sure

Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Drit Devils or Vampires.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

the most common seem to be Holeshots and Razrs

Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Rode with a guy from KC ks that had RA's made by GBC I think he called them ground busters.. they dug through the mud like nothing I have seen before, i was impressed seeing that 350 blaster pullling through the mud like it was a 4x4... I run dominators on my scrammy and they just require a little throttle to clean out and ride real nice, the only place they have given me any problems is wet rocks or Ice, they have absolutely no bite there..

Old 01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

i run two sport machines....the r has razr2's,the mojave has carlyle strykers. the razr2's work great on the r. but i think they clean well because of it being a 2 smoker. the lowly strykers work quite well in the mud on the mojave...and last great. i had these tires on my lt230 years ago and i liked them on it also. i also ran bandit x/c on the r ....last like iron,but spin like mad on wet grass !!! the radial tire on the raptor looks like it could be a decent design also , but i have no experience with them. they resemble the ohtsu found on stock 250r's and 400 ex's. i would lean towards a razr2 or holeshot hd for most woods machines. 6 ply is a huge plus for me,i have the power ..i need the durability!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

When you say sport machine are you talking about the LT 250?

Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah right now i have on Razr's on them right now, they are great for dry land but i was looking for a tire in the mudd and i ordered the Dirt Devils, they seemed to be pretty good mix of dry and wet riding, currently waiting to put them on.

Starky- yes im talking about my lt250s
and
plainbroke- the guy was riding ground busters? cuase thats a knobby tire http://www.gbctires.com/index.html it wasnt the mud busters?

Old 01-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

I am running 20x12.5-8 blackwaters and I love them. They give a smooth ride on hardpack, and hook up extremely well in soft, and muddy terrain. I have a freind with mudlites on his 300ex and loves them as well.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

That is What HE called them they had a Big RA on the sides and the tread looked like the ITP's or Razor tread... the speed he was spinning them may have been why they worked so well, but he went every where he wanted to and the only time he got stuck was when he high centered. Of course I still believe sport quads are for riding not mud bogging. I have a 4x4 for the mud normally. took the sport bike because I thought it would be dryer than it was..

They may have been Shredders, he said he got them from rocky mountain ATV....

Old 01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a GBC Ground Buster R/A II in 21x7x10 for the front of my Lt-230. I hope they work as well as the onew you guys are talking abotu on the rear.

Quick Reply: Best tires for sport machines