Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Mudlite XL or XTR ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudlite XL or XTR ??

Been checking out both of these tires and was wondering ,,Other than the fact that the XTR is A radial tire and for a set of 4 there is a $100. difference is there anything else ...( better ride ) (weight of tire ) I don't mind spending the extra 100 if its worth it ..Thanks ..

Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudlite XL or XTR ??

I have had the Wetlands DU 25's (a forunner of the xtr) on factory rims for about a year and a half, and they were a huge improvement over the stock tires. They ride well, and performed well in the mud, I punished them on every kind of terrain you can think of and have had no flats. Handling is excellent with minimal steering input ( 8" fronts). I have about 1500 miles on my set and have a little less than half tread left, many miles of paved road riding. I just purchased a set of 26" Mudlites with ITP Type 5 wheels, last week end was the first trip with the new tires. It took a while to get used to the wider front tires ( 10" wide front) and took more steering effort. With the new rims the track is widened by about 4", which greatly improved the stability on the hills, and I only used the 4wd a few times for climbing over downed trees and a couple muddy spots, but didn't really need it. Traction on the new XL's is great, but be careful in your yard, if its soft it will eat your grass up. I personally don't think the XTR is that much improvement unless you go with the 14" rim that will improve the stability even more I am sure. They are both good tires, depends on your riding style and terrain, tight twisty fast trails and some mud the XTR is probably better, but for more bite in mud and good all around performance go with the cheaper Mudlites. I think the weight of both are about the same. Check the ITP website for specific weights.