Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Finger Throttle for an ATV??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Throttle for an ATV??????

I've seen finger throttles for watercraft. They seem like they would work for ATV's, but I'm not sure if it's compatible or a good idea. Anyone?????

Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs up Yes there is!

It's called the DXTrigger. Google it. It makes your thumb happy!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Somehow I picture a finger throttle being a bad thing when you're accelerating. As you get pushed back you end up putting more pull on the throttle (same reason I don't like the idea of a twist throttle). I can just picture the lawsuits. It's a lot easier to lay off a thumb throttle than a twist or finer throttle. Unless you're going downhill.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Like twist throttles, manufacturers do not know if ATVs will be used in snow winter conditions so they only use the snowmobile type thumb throttles. There the only type the almost immune to freezing up in the WOT position.

I rode a few of my dirt bikes in the winter and the twist throttle did not snap back when you let off the gas. Pretty hairy.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I have been using this DXT for a couple months now. But they are just coming out on the market. I have used it in cold weather here in Utah a couple times and it has worked great. You still have the thumb throttle for a hill or over rocks, but then when you are back on the trail you can use the finger throttle so your thumb doesn't get worn out. So my wife really likes it. Here is the site where they are marketing it right now. http://igg.me/at/DXT/x/2633275

Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

OK, never seen a finger throttle before now.

So basically its a thumb throttle fipped over on the other side of the hand grip so you pull it in rather then push it out? So you just trade a sore thumb for a sore finger?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had never seen one until I started using this one either. No, it is in addition to your thumb throttle, so you can use either one. It's an after market mod that connects into the internals of the existing throttle. Watch the video, it explains it better. http://igg.me/at/DXT/x/2633275

Trending Topics

Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my thumb muscle is a lot stronger than my index finger- I'll stick with the thumb.
how do you run two cables to the efi? how could you keep both throttles on?

hmmm- maybe I should invent the foot pedal throttle- that'll be real fun on a bumpy trail!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
I rode a few of my dirt bikes in the winter and the twist throttle did not snap back when you let off the gas. Pretty hairy.
YIKES
did you just kill the bike or lay it over in the snow? i imagine that would get your attention,.....quickly.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll stick with the thumb throttle. I can go 100 miles before it hurts and I hardly ever ride that far.

Quick Reply: Finger Throttle for an ATV??????