Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Interco Swamplites or Goodyear Rawhide Grip

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interco Swamplites or Goodyear Rawhide Grip

I am trying to decide betwee the 2 tires but I am not sure which one to get on my ATV. Which do you think would be a better all around tire.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have the swamplites on the rear of my warrior and love them. They hook up amazing, the only thing I can complain about is that sometimes they actually hook up too good, and I really had trouble getting the back end to kick out when I first got them. They are heavier than any 22" tire i've had, but that's not a surprise since they're one of the most aggressive tires out there. What they may lose in extra weight they make up through traction and durability though. I've had them about a year now, and the tread is getting rounded out on the edge of the lugs, but they still hook up great and are starting to slide more controllably. But the traction swamplites is really amazing. I've got a 2wd sport quad with 22" swamplites and I can go darn near everywhere my buddies with 4x4's go, the only limitations being deep snow and mud because of ground clearance. I can't remember a single time I got completely stuck with them with one of the tires still on the ground, I usually just get hung up on the rear skid plate. I can only imagine how well these would work on a 4x4 quad, which is what they were actually intended for. You might be able to climb a tree with these on a 4x4 lol.

I don't have any experience with the rawhides, but I never had any luck with goodyear products in the past so I wouldn't recommend them just based on that. Maybe the rawhides are ok, idk, but knowing how good the swamplites are, and interco products in general, I wouldn't take a chance.

One thing I will warn you though, is that i've found out these things will throw some hardcore roost at anybody behind you if you get the tires spinning good. Rocks, roots, clumps of mud the size of baseballs, heck maybe even a squirrel or 2 will get kicked up if you get these things spinning good. This is a 2wd sport quad though, so with a ute and 25's or bigger that probably won't ever matter, or if it does happen you're trying really hard.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

i had a set of rawhides on one of my sportmans i owned i got excellent traction and went through mud almost up to the racks

Old 01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

i have a set on my sporstman, and think they are a pretty good all around tire. they get pretty good traction in the mud too.